Tube's ZB Coordinators and Routers (was Zigbee router on steroids?)

Hi Tube0013, logs don’t show anymore detail. I uninstalled Zigbee2MQTT and changed to ZHA everything seems to work, can connect and control all devices without any issue.

Okay, I suspect this was something with the config file for Z2M. Glad its working okay with ZHA.

That was it, I added below to the configuration via the UI
and hadn’t noticed/realised it resulted in the YAML having below

1 Like

@tube0013 - Love what you’re doing here.

Quick question though - Does your POE coordinator ship with your current firmware or should I firmware update before starting to pair my devices?

Thanks in advance!

It ships with the current Z-Stack release. (not the development branch). - I typically will start shipping a new release after a week or so from it’s release so any bugs not caught during the dev/beta can be addressed.

1 Like

Thank you for that incredibly quick response . My order is placed! Very interested to see how your module stacks up against my older ZigBee module.

1 Like

Hey all,

Im having an issue with my coordinator. The USB has come loose-ish. I have to bend the cable down to keep it powered on. and sometimes it turns off.

Is there a way to fix this, relatively easily? Or an alternate way to power the device. Other than this issue (which came from the device falling off a shelf) its been great :slight_smile:

Hi,

i received my tube’s zb gateway,
but the radio continually send state on & off to HA;

Firmware: 2021.9.0 (Sep 17 2021, 19:58:30)
2022-08-03_07-48-04

Any suggestions on this one?

If you have a soldering iron you may be able to add a bit of solder to hold stabilize the port.

If not it can be powered from a 3.3v source like a usb> serial device over some pins on the pcb.

Let me know the model you have and DM a pic of the port and I’ll see if I have any further advice I can give.

This usually happens when 2 things try to access it at once.

Are you using zHA or Zigbee2mqtt? Be sure only one is trying to access the device.

And logging (debug) from whichever one you are using will help pinpoint the issue.

Thanks mate.

Pictures are not great LOL, its kinda stable right now. So didnt want to mess with it too much.

Could you do me a favor and mark the best places that its ok to put a little solder?

Thanks mate,

Also I understand that its probably hard to say without holding it in your hard, so best guess is fine :slight_smile:

Well here’s sort of the outline of things:

The GND and 5V pins are all that matter from the usb connection on this model. The blue arrows point to some “posts” that go through the pcb and can have some solder added to them to help stabilize the port (from the bottom).

If it becomes more of an issue and you don’t have the ability to do it, a local cell phone or computer repair place could probably do it for minimal cost.

Awesome, thank you.

No I think I get it, the back “posts” have probably snaped, take the PCB out and check it and if it looks feasible (the biggest issue is not having the vision I used to) Push the USB holder (I’m sure it has a proper name lol) down and solder them back in on the back side of the PCB.

I think that should be fine.

pretty much - you just need to be careful not to stress the solder joints on the where the pins connect to the pcb as the traces can come up.

here’s some pics of a port part, and bare PCB to give you an idea:

the “posts” to the rear (inside) of the port are pretty small.

Thank you for that advice, worked perfectly, pushed it in, little bit of solder. Now working as it should :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Tube! I’m a total HA n00b and have your PoE coordinator, which I see in Z2M and via its internal web server, and a router, which is powered up based on the LED on the board, but I can’t find it in Z2M when I look at the map. I know it’s supposed to enter pairing mode automatically. The router is maybe 40 feet from my coordinator through a few walls … is it just too far, or do I need to do something else to see it in Z2M. I was expecting a notification about a new device found, but didn’t receive one. Thank you!

Did you click “Permit Join” in the Z2M GUI?

Make and model of this thing?
Supposedly, as Nick said, you click the “permit join” button in z2m, to tell z2m that you are trying to add new device… and then you would want to bring the “thing” to the pairing mode manually.

I did click Permit Join in the Z2M GUI and the model specifically is this one: CC2652 Zigbee Router | TubesZB Store

The Zwave spec says it should work over hundreds of feet. I’m sure real world it’s less than that, but still somehow doubting I’m simply too far away…I will move it if there is nothing else I should be doing.

The LED on the board is solid BTW. Not blinking like I might expect from a pairing mode. Is that normal?

make sure to Permit Joins first, the routers look to join straight away when powered up.

You can pop the lid and reset the router and restart pairing by tapping the BSL button.

If you are having any issues joining 9/10 times (or 95/100) it’s due to interference on the zigbee channel.

Highly recommend running and energy scan if you continue to have issues (part of the zigpy-znp tools) https://github.com/zigpy/zigpy-znp/blob/695ebf50a86117daeec92ac08c256fc1bfd11e60/TOOLS.md

1 Like