Turn off screen nest hub 2 when casting

I have a brand new nest hub 2 and I am using homeassistant cast. I noticed that the screen will no longer turn off automatically when casting. When showing photos it does.

Of course I can ask Google to turn it off and tap on screen to go back to the dashboard but that is not what I want.

So is there a way to do this automatically? Otherwise the screen must stay on as long as I am using the dashboard.

Thanks

hi,
u could try

service: media_player.turn_off
data: {}
target:
  entity_id: media_player.nesthub

Well then the casting will stop and the hub start to show photos. I would like the screen goes of while casting so I can return to the dashboard by tapping the screen

Did you ever managed to find a solution for this?

i don’t think that’s possible tbh since while casting the hub is on and doing something and it won’t go to sleep. a workaround is to have a motion sensor around it and when the motion sensor triggers, starts casting, when no more motion or when no more motion + few seconds, turn off casting and it goes to the default state (photo or whatever). with this you will lose the photo functionality as you’ll have to assume that everytime there’s movement around the hub, it is casting.

just an idea