Tuya 4 channel relay module from aliexpress

has anyone tasmotized this module?

it has a second mcu onboard: “hk32f030mf4p6” that the esp8266 seems to comunicate with.
not sure if tasmota can handle this.

I just spent 2 days trying to figure this 4ch pro clone out. So if you want to flash it - first of all you have to desolder R12 and R13 100ohm resistors, because when programmer sends data to esp8285 (8266), the hk32f030mf4p6 receives response header from esp and starts sending data back, which doesnt help flashing. After desolderig these resistors, tx and rx lines are cut from hk32*** and flashing can be done without any problem. After flashing, resolder these resistors back to allow esp and hk32** communicate again. In Tasmota set your module as TuyaMCU ant read about commands here: TuyaMCU - Tasmota

I hope this will help someone to save some time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

wow thank you for the info, i will try it this weekend.

Dont forget to write about your progress here! I’ll try to help you if something wont go well.

i managed to flash the esp but unfortunately the resistors got destroyed while desoldering. do you happen to know the values?

Yep, resoldering them was hard, but doable with a sharp tip soldering iron.
These were 100Ω resistors.

1 Like

ok, i had to refresh on the tuyamcu stuff, but the mapping was streight forward:

TuyaMCU 11,1
TuyaMCU 12,2
TuyaMCU 13,3
TuyaMCU 14,4

now it works as a normal 4 channel relay.
thank you Mindeelt

1 Like

Im glad i could help.

I found that c66 there are marks on the pads, and it turns out to be the reset line for the HK32** chip, if you bridge that then hold CH1 button and boot/reset you can start flash and release ch1 it will work.

It’s possible to configure all relays at once using

Backlog TuyaMCU 11,1; TuyaMCU 12,2; TuyaMCU 13,3; TuyaMCU 14,4

Wow This totally worked on mine. Thanks a million! Just wanted to ask on how to find the settings for changing the button mode (inching & etc)