Tuya camera record video to local disk

Hello. New here.
I have a tuya camera, very basic one, with a micro sd to record, the problem that i have is that sometimes the card gets corrupted and i ended up with no video from past days. So now that i have the camera up and running with Home assistant (i can even see the live feed from my dashboard) Is there a way to record my live feed to a Local HDD?.
I’m running home assistant on an Ubuntu Virtual Box (Old machine with an extra HDD)

Thanks

1 Like

I’m curious how to record it as well, does someone has an answer to his question?

Hi same problem. The SD card has issues.

Have you figured out how to get the live feed recorded?

You can use the MotionEye addon, and add the video integration there.
Then you can let motioneye take care of the recording :wink:

Was looking into MotionEye, going to install the addon on docker.

But how though? Can’t find the RSTP stream url for this doorbell cam, though, managed to use their webRTC link

This can be done but is tricky and depends on the camera. I’ve got it working with a couple of Orion Grid Connect cameras. First you’ll have to install the firmware hack from this page:

Guino hack for Tuya cameras/doorbells like Geeni, Merkury, Bazz, Meari, etc

Since adding ll_hls to my configuration I have been unable to connect to the camera using RTSP but I can by adding them as MJPEG cameras instead.

After that I use the sensor (that the Tuya integration picks up) to trigger recording. I actually set off recording in the SD card - which you can only view via one of the Tuya apps as far as I know) and to the HA disk.

1 Like

The same thing happens to me, I have a TUYA doorbell camera, the SD gets corrupted every now and then and I lose recordings. The camera I see it perfectly live on my HA but I don’t know how to record that image in HA, or record only when motion is detected. how can i record a camera TUYA in ha?