Tuya Component Problems

@mindtripper there is always going to be a delay between the action (eg turn on / off) and the status being reflected in HA due to the chain of events that needs to take place. However, I have noticed at times this can be a bit too long and looks like the status change isnt coming. I’ve noticed that if I do an action (eg switch on or off) then wait auntil the status is reflected in HA, after this initial action things get much quicker. However, repeating the action just causs lots of data to be transmitted and this can send things out of sync very quickly to the point that it never recovers. Give this a try and wait for the first status update, it might solve your issues.

However, I’ve also noticed that certain errors with other platforms will cause Tuya in particular to not work properly. Check your log files to see if there are any repeated error across multiple system reboots. If there are, try temporarily removing this component/platform and see if that improves your tuya responses.

I cannot get this working at all. I have the TuyaSmart app on phone and all my devices are in it.
I set my configuration.yaml as your example with my details filled in but nothing sems to work. I have tried no quote, doiuble quote and single quotes. I have tried phone number, country code of china (86) and also my “correct” one of 353 (Ireland). It constantly gives me username/password icorrect error

this is my working conf

tuya:
  username: !secret tuya_user
  password: !secret tuya_password
  country_code: 971
  platform: tuya

i dont use any quotes

forgive my ignorance, what is the !secret bit ?

it’s just mapping my sensitive information to the secrets.yaml file. Think of it as a link

Success at last. your config (juan11perez) worked.
thanks

welcome, glad it worked.

You must try setup a mobile phone number first and after use this as the username.

To setup that go to: Me / More Services / Mobile Notification (or SMS notification) on Smart Life App or Tuya App.

Just use the app Jinvoo Smart app when you register, works direct.

hi, i have the same issue, i installed the Tuya Smart, paired the AC, installed Tuya integration and added to configuration.yaml:

tuya:
username: myuser
password: mypass
country_code: 972
platform: tuya

(there are spaces before fields)

Logger: homeassistant.components.tuya
Source: helpers/config_validation.py:749
Integration: Tuya (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 11:04:09 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:04:09 AM

The ‘tuya’ option is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration"

please advise me.

** EDIT: Should i change any settings in Tuya smart app?

I vaguely remembered it being moved to the GUI but I had to look it up to be sure. You should add Tuya using the frontend instead. See link for more details.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply, i removed the tuya from configuration and reinstall Tuya integration from frontend (includes details: user, pass, country code and platform). unfortunately, still no entities found…