Tuya Device Help

I have 14 of these https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/iq-wifibulbgu10s/electriq-iqwifibulbgu10s-smart-bulb hooked up to a switch and they’re not listed as compatible on the wiki. Will consider for some tuya switches I have. To be honest the google home and app are flawless with tuya, it’s just that HA has a hard time picking them up and I believe the sheer amount of tuya devices and therefore 404s and subsequent retries lead my HA instance (on HASSIO RP3B+) to crash. I’m okay with the slight delay and the value gained using the tuya servers outweighs security concerns. When it works with HA i’m happy but I don’t want it to be so unstable that it continuously crashes my setup.

I wouldn’t mind betting that this would work with those globes, even if you had to change the GPIO allocation slightly

It’ll probably work. I have 2 spare so I’ll build a little rig to test out. At least it’ll help people in the future even if I don’t choose to use it. Will report back with findings.

Good stuff! If you do prove to get it working, please add to the Git page that I linked (or directly to Otto with his ESPhome site). The owner of that Git is planning to merge his findings with the ESPhome website to help create a database of known device configs

Will do thanks

I was able to make my tuya switches work with 0.88 again thanks to this person’s post:

post #29
[Tuya switch]

Also sharing my findings after using that method:
post #55
[Tuya switch]

I am seeing the same thing with the new version. It did work at first then stopped.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
I am getting every time the following issue in my logs:

Updating tuya cover took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:15
14:54 helpers/entity_platform.py (WARNING)

the only fix is to not use the cloud version. I believe this is just the tuya cloud being slow to respond to the HA poll.

(that said, maybe we both have slow/busy internet connections)

I get the same errors constantly for all my Tuya Cover Switches. I tried direct no-cloud access using DeviceId, Localkey etc but couldn’t make it work for a cover switch. They show up as on/off switch, not open/stop/close cover switch. If anybody can help…

so that means that it did not work fine with the “offline” version?
You roll it back to the online cloud functionality ?

What i will do now is to right the Tuya Support team, maybe they can help us to solve this problem.
I will inform you when i get an answer back.

Yes I rolled back. When using tuya.py with device and local keys, cover switches show up in HA as on/off switches, not as open/stop/close cover switches.

But you get also only one time the actual status of the covers back, or?
Maybe it is possible in a specific configuration file to change this 15 seconds.
Updating tuya cover took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:15

yes - somewhere is the code there is a parameter that tells the main HASS code that the Tuya cloud poll should take less than 15 seconds to run.

And changing this to a larger value will stop the warning.

BUT the polling will still be (imho) slow (and yes - its an artifact of the need to poll a cloud system)

How do you not use the cloud version? How do you set that up? I set a Tuya.py file under components what is that used for and how do you use it?

I am getting the exact same thing but I could not find a thing about setting timing. I would love not to use the cloud way but instructions for non-cloud are not very clear.

Yes, i am also searching for a good tutorial to install the devices without Cloud.
Can anyone help?

Since .90 My Tuya devices have also stopped working.

I only have one light at the mo, but it has been working great until now.

It still works fine through the smart-life app, and also through Google Home.

This is my config code (details are correct):

tuya:
  username: !secret tuya_username
  password: !secret tuya_password
  country_code: '44'
  platform: 'tuya'

This is the error:

Thu Mar 21 2019 09:44:44 GMT+0000 (Greenwich Mean Time)
Error during setup of component tuya
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 154, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/tuya/__init__.py", line 60, in setup
    tuya.init(username, password, country_code, platform)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tuyapy/tuyaapi.py", line 44, in init
    self.get_access_token()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tuyapy/tuyaapi.py", line 68, in get_access_token
    raise TuyaAPIException(message)
tuyapy.tuyaapi.TuyaAPIException: Get accesstoken failed. Username or password error!

I added my username and password directly to the config instead of using the secrets file and it started working.

Very odd!