Tuya Device Help

But you get also only one time the actual status of the covers back, or?
Maybe it is possible in a specific configuration file to change this 15 seconds.
Updating tuya cover took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:15

yes - somewhere is the code there is a parameter that tells the main HASS code that the Tuya cloud poll should take less than 15 seconds to run.

And changing this to a larger value will stop the warning.

BUT the polling will still be (imho) slow (and yes - its an artifact of the need to poll a cloud system)

How do you not use the cloud version? How do you set that up? I set a Tuya.py file under components what is that used for and how do you use it?

I am getting the exact same thing but I could not find a thing about setting timing. I would love not to use the cloud way but instructions for non-cloud are not very clear.

Yes, i am also searching for a good tutorial to install the devices without Cloud.
Can anyone help?

Since .90 My Tuya devices have also stopped working.

I only have one light at the mo, but it has been working great until now.

It still works fine through the smart-life app, and also through Google Home.

This is my config code (details are correct):

tuya:
  username: !secret tuya_username
  password: !secret tuya_password
  country_code: '44'
  platform: 'tuya'

This is the error:

Thu Mar 21 2019 09:44:44 GMT+0000 (Greenwich Mean Time)
Error during setup of component tuya
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 154, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/tuya/__init__.py", line 60, in setup
    tuya.init(username, password, country_code, platform)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tuyapy/tuyaapi.py", line 44, in init
    self.get_access_token()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tuyapy/tuyaapi.py", line 68, in get_access_token
    raise TuyaAPIException(message)
tuyapy.tuyaapi.TuyaAPIException: Get accesstoken failed. Username or password error!

I added my username and password directly to the config instead of using the secrets file and it started working.

Very odd!

I decided to try that too and it worked for about 4 out of 5 restarts. It seems to pick and chose when it wants to load the devices. I am getting the same issue with Ring components.

It really does not matter how you put it in it will work a few times and then say you have your config wrong. It seems to time out trying to get to the tuya cloud too bad you cannot extend the time and it may work. I have tried if various ways and all seem to work for some time and then crap out. I think I may do what some are doing and flash it with another firmware.

Hi guys,

After much trial and error, I was able to visualize the non-tuya branded heaters (Thorben branded device) on Home Assistant, using the Tuya Climate platform. Right now, I am not getting the right temperature (missing a comma) or the operation mode, but I am able to turn them off and on, and the on/off state. As you can see in the images below:

The logs don’t show any alerts or malfunction but in the state section I get the following information:

I know my heater is not fully compatible with the Tuya component, and right now I am trying to modify this component to make it work correctly. Any help or clue would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

I’ve just purchased 3 tuya bulbs that do not show up with the tuya component.
All of my other tuyas things work properly.

The bulbs in question: https://www.costco.ca/Globe-Electric-LED-A19-RGB-Smart-Wi-Fi-Bulb.product.100483522.html

Anyone managed to make them work?

1 Like

I just spent far to long debugging this issue (python is not a language I know) and have determined that the missing devices are not being returned in the API calls from TUYA. I am guessing they allow vendors to specify which services devices will and will not work with. Kind of shitty if you ask me.

I have tested the following
Merkury Branded Bulbs (SmartLife) they work
LightingEver Bulbs (LampUX) these pair with and work in any tuya app but do not get returned in the API
Some Random RGBW chinese bulb, returned in API

Edit: With more testing it appears that the Merkury outlet I have works , but not the bulb

same :frowning:
scenes work though… so you can kinda control them via scene you create in the tuya app.

so I just succesfull did my first tuya convert with these bulbs, and it was much easier then I thought.
worked on the first try.

I got these globe bulbs from costco too. The cloud api does recognize these bulbs, but they can be managed via deviceid and local key.
I did not find any component in HA, but I had them worked successfully via homebridge-tuya-lan.

Is that Homebridge-tuya-lan Home-Assitant compatible?

@zhide.p Could you make it work?
@Mark_Villazon What would the switch be like? Sorry I’m new to this.
From already thank you very much!

Hi.

I’m working with Home Assistant setup for my home, and have got a ERAY T1 alarm.
I’m using the TUYA App to work with the ERAY T1 (Working).

Now I can see that this plugin can be used with the TUYA, so I have added:

tuya:
  username: !secret my_tuya_user
  password: !secret my_tuya_pass
  country_code: 45

But after that, I can’t see how I can add/work with my ERAY T1 alarm.
Have someone tried that or can help me about what to do, so I can see an ERAY Alarm card in my HA setup.

The inbuilt tuya integration doens’t support alarms:

other custom integrations (including the ones mentioned above), may support it.

Tuya App
Tap-to-Run
Create 2 buttons:
1 Alarm Arm
2 Alarm Disarm
Restart HA :thinking: