Tuya device not able to be configured

I have a number of smart plugs that I have added to HA by using the Tuya IOT website to extract the Local Keys for them. The only device that wont configure is listed as a “Smart Non Dimmable Receiver”. I am able to use Tuya’s API management page to get the local key but I get an unknown error when I try to add it.
I have noticed that unlike the other devices, the key for this one contains a number of special characters like slashes and brackets so I don’t know if that’s the problem?
The log is as follows -

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/localtuya/config_flow.py", line 595, in async_step_configure_device
    self.dps_strings = await validate_input(self.hass, user_input)
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/localtuya/config_flow.py", line 242, in validate_input
    interface = await pytuya.connect(
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/localtuya/pytuya/__init__.py", line 1182, in connect
    _, protocol = await loop.create_connection(
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1085, in create_connection
    raise exceptions[0]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1069, in create_connection
    sock = await self._connect_sock(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/asyncio/base_events.py", line 973, in _connect_sock
    await self.sock_connect(sock, address)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 628, in sock_connect
    return await fut
           ^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 668, in _sock_connect_cb
    raise OSError(err, f'Connect call failed {address}')
OSError: [Errno 113] Connect call failed ('192.168.0.88', 6668)
1 Like

Same Issue. Did you managed to resolve this issue? Much appreciated

Also same issue here.

Anyone know of a fix? Have some new Jaycar / PowerTech RGB light bulbs I want to add to localtuya but get the unknown error when trying to configure/add to localtuya with the new random-character local_key. All old devices (with hex style local_keys) are fine.