Tuya devices/entities gone missing

Thanks a lot for this pointer, I double checked mine and after adding Smart Home Scene Linkage I was able to see all my devices again :sweat_smile:

Also: I found this useful link for Tuya Datacenters around the world, according to your city

1 Like

thanks! really helpful!

any update on this? still not working for me

Is anyone else still having this problem? My Tuya integration deletes all my devices almost every day… I can reload the integration through home assistant and they all come back fine, except their names are all different, their IDs have a _1 after, and they have no icons. Really frustrating to re-setup 20 names, IDs, and icons every single day…

I can confirm my Tuya integration is working.

Tuya not working for me. Project is setup up, devices are there, HA integration is installed but HA see’s no devices.

FIX

After having the same issues, tried almost every combination of configurations, i think i have found the culprit.
Google Login in Smart Life App.
I have noticed that after logoff, i do not have a password setup for my account, just the OAuth.
Using the same email of the OAuth i made the process of “forgot my password” for the Smart Life, setup the same password that i am using in Tuya Developer and BANG, all devices listed and working properly.
I hope that help someone!

Enabeling the integration was easy with the steps shown in some posts, not getting any error.i changed the smartlife app password to the same as the tuya account , but still nothing shows up.

I am a bit lost as there is no way to find out why you are not seeing anything … When checking on the tuya developer site, and checking the api statistics … dont see any attempts…

Just to chip in and say I’m having the same issue. Have 6 wifi controlled plugs that have been in Home Assistant for at least 12 months without issue, however they’ve suddenly all dropped off the integration although the project is set up and see’s all devices. I can see the devices in my Smart Life app too. What I have found though is when I log into the Tuya Developer Platform I found that under Cloud > My Subscriptions that the IoT Core Resource Pack was showing as expired.

It had an “extend trial period” button which takes you to a webform. I’ve completed that webform extending it for 6 months (the maximum). This may be something to do with Tuya moving to a subscription based model for some of their cloud services and they’ve revoked/suspended all subscriptions. The tagline along the top of the My Subscriptions webpage reads “The service API calls will consume basic resources. Please make sure that there is a basic resource pack available under your account. You can subscribe to the IoT core service to get a free basic resource pack.”

This may be the cause of some issues, however I’ll update once/if my request is approved.

1 Like

I have also tried extending the trial for 6 months, still waiting for approval. Have you received anything?

It’s a bit of a pain, suddenly all my Tuya devices stopped working with HA. Here I am trying to impress the lady of the house with automation and how it can benefit us and suddenly they stop working…it doesn’t help my cause :stuck_out_tongue:

Although if this does fix it what happens after 6 months? Will it all stop again and I need to renew or pay for a subscription?

The fact that it seems to have been happening long before now leads me to believe it can’t just be the subscription thing as people don’t seem to mention this too much…

1 Like

So after 24 hours or so I’ve had approval for a 6 month extension, however this still hasn’t fixed my issue. My Tuya developer platform page for Subscriptions is showing IOT Core and Cloud Develop Base Resource Trial both as active but I’m still getting no devices in my Tuya integration. This isn’t helping my WAF either!

What is even more interesting is that I’ve downloaded Local-Tuya through HACS. Running through API explorer - General Devices Management - Get Device Info through the Tuya Developer webpage to get the device key returns the below error:

{
“code”: 28841002,
“msg”: “No permissions. Your subscription to cloud development plan has expired.”,
“success”: false,
“t”: ,
“tid”: "
*************"
}

In effect it’s saying I’m blocked from pulling device information via the cloud because I dont have a cloud development plan subscription. I really dont want to end out binning all these plugs so if anyone has any other idea’s I’m all ears!

1 Like

I am also in the same boat, got authorised for an extension and it made no difference. I even tried making a new project in Tuya and still nothing.

Not sure what to do here, it’s a bit of a pain as I have a load of bulbs and plugs all Tuya and nothing works in HA. The Smartlife app works fine but obviously that doesn’t give me what I need. Like WirralTom any advice or ideas would be great!

1 Like

I would check out Local Tuya, I managed to get 5 out of my 6 devices still stuck on stock firmware (I’m a Tasmota fan) using it:

The one still using the stock integration has a chip that can’t be flashed, and is stuck on the one version Local Tuya doesn’t support. (Protocol 3.2)

1 Like

I am giving Local Tuya a go as well. I was getting the same problem as WirralTom but I created a new IoT account and managed to get access to the local ID information that way. I could probably create a new integration with this account but after a month it will probable stop again.

I have managed to add a few of my devices but they seem to become ‘unavailable’ after a short period of time so I’m not sure if it’s my configuration or something to do with LocalTuya…I’ll stick with it and see if I can fix it. Although if you know why this might be the case please let me know :slight_smile:

The only time I’ve had that issue is if the device itself is disconnecting from the Wi-Fi. I have Ubiquiti gear and once in awhile I have to reset an access point to get things working again.

OK Just to update, not sure if this fixed it but when I updated HA everything seemed to be working OK i.e. the devices no longer appear as unavailable. I added all the rest of the devices but I still have some configuring to do. However everything seems to be working via localtuya.

If your subscription has indeed ran out you will need to setup another account (I can’t see any other way to access the local info). Then you will need to get all the info about your devices using the API. I found adding all of this into a spreadsheet useful as I don’t need to keeping going back into Tuya to get it. You should also get the Device Specifics as well as it’s very useful when setting up LocalTuya. I found this video quite useful:

Once I got everything setup I had to update my NodeRed integrations (I assume it would be the same with HA integrations as well) to reference the new entities.

I’m still not there but hopefully it won’t crap out in another month and on the up side the interactions with the devices is a lot faster.

Anyway I just wanted to update things as I always tell myself to do it if I make progress but I usually forget :stuck_out_tongue: Hurrah for me!!

1 Like

I’m exactly at the same point as you, Tuya worked for a month, trial expired, I extended it, it got approved, but no longer works. I agree, it seems like they are moving to a subscription model, and the price is not really friendly for the home automation hobbist, it is sad

2 Likes

So I’ve fully set up another Cloud Development project in Tuya Developer and still no joy. Tried changing servers. All still shows as set up correctly with all the correct auths/API’s. Unfortunately I still can’t pull information from the API Explorer to set them up on Local-Tuya because it says I don’t have a cloud developer subscription so there’s no way I can poll it for information that way. I even considered flashing Tasmota onto them but I think that although they have an ESP chip that the firmware is probably too recent on them.

I’ve dropped Tuya support a ticket to see if they’ll investigate the issue purely from the API Explorer/cloud subscription side of things and in the meantime I may just try flashing Tasmota OTA onto one of them. To be honest if it bricks it I’ve not lost much!

1 Like

No not at all. I mean one of the subscriptions is in the thousands. I don’t think they’ll have many buyers from smart home enthusiasts looking to turn a plug off!

I’ve only had one type of plug brick on me with Tasmota OTA, the Teckin SP20 bought in 2019, and I was able to recover by serial flashing them. (I used this one, but there’s a ton of them that would work: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06W2KKW64/ )

All of these other ones worked perfectly OTA: