Tuya, I'll blinking give it to ya!

Ok, loosing the will to not tear the stupid bloody door sensors off and throw them at the sea to wage war on Poseidon. But that would be nuts, and besides, I think some roman already did that.

Ok, so I got all excited and went off and bought some Tuya door sensors. So I’ve had a steep learning curve. Based on the time invested I could of hired bouncers to just stand next to the doors, but I keep perservering!

No combination of the bloody Tuya integration works for me. UK code: 44

I can’t change the firmware, that option was the one that made me come here and basically ask for directions, my macho is more nacho now.

Tuya app on phone drives me insane with “THE DOOR IS OPEN” pinging every second, so used the Smart Life app, ended up now with sensors on both to keep trying different combinations.

I have it on Alexa, “Is the Front Door Sensor Open?” …“The Front Door Is Closed” I get back, hurrah…

But how do I get that into a sensor item in HA, it’s not a switch, I’ve followed just about evey idea/example on the internet I could find, but nope.

I just want to know if that stupid blinking door is open…or I’ll jolly well go and buy an expensive one that will probably frustrate me even more!..

You have been warned.

Oh if you could help, that’d be great, I think I’ve lost it a little in lock down…

Can I read out sensor states that Alexa knows from HA?

if (alexa.tuya.front_door_sensor == 'open')

Can’t ask alexa, and tuya door sensors are not supported by the HA tuya integration. And since Tuya stop the collaboration with IFTTT, you can’t use that too.

Right… Where is my soldering iron…

1 Like

Just got delivered one of these “Zigbee” devices (Zigbee my foot - I’ve been sent a WiFi one).
When nothing would detect its attempts to pair, I wondered if this would be One Of Those. Looks like it is. Thanks for the forewarning!