Tuya Integration - Error 2406: skill id invalid

Confirmed, this worked for me. Wife and children happy again :relieved:

Happened to me today. All I did was unlink the app in tuya cloud website, and re-link it directly.
Reload the integration in HA and voilà
Thanks for this thread!

3 Likes

Had this problem since yesterday, this fix worked for me today, thanks!

It did it to me last night, too. I resolved it by going through the process of creating a new cloud project in Tuya IoT and then adding a new Tuya integration into HA with the new details, then disabling the original one. Devices have all come back with the same names, thankfully, so no need to change any automations.

It’s prompted me to look at LocalTuya, but that’s an even bigger nightmare, it seems.

It worked. Thankyou!!

Hello. I tried to do this but in smart life it says without permission in the integration… why is it?

No need to create a new project.

What I did was:

• unlink project from “Smart Life” App
  • go to tuya ios development website
  • go to cloud section
  • clicked on my already existing project
  • go to tab “Link Tuya App Account”
  • then “Add app account”
  • then I opened the Smart Life App and I captured QRCODE that tuya website was showing
  • grant all devices all permissions (read, write, management)

that’s it

Home Assistant now can manage back all Tuya related devices!

12 Likes

Thanks for the detailed instructions. I did the same thing, except clicked unlink button in Tuya Cloud page. Worked just as well.

The problem started for me today when I added a png picture file to the Home Assistant www folder, and then restarted HA. Any idea of what causes this error to begin with.

Eventually I would like to get rid of using the Tuya cloud integration, but for some reason, I can’t get some of my temperature/humidity sensors, garage door opener, front gate opener, thermostat, and light dimmer to work reliably with ZigbeeHomeAssistant or Tuya Local.

1 Like

I got this problem. Just unlinked the tuya app and re-link, all working again. No idea what the cause is.

1 Like

I keep seeing people say to unlink the app, but where is this done? I’m not seeing an option at Tuya Smart Developer Center

1. Navigate to Tuya cloud: https://eu.iot.tuya.com/ (mine is on the eu region, yours could be in another)
2. Login
3. Click Cloud icon
4. Click Devices in top menu
5. Click Link Tuya App Account in submenu
6. Click unlink, 
7. Click Add App Account button, 
8. opened the Smart Life App and captured QRCODE that tuya website was showing 
9. grant all devices all permissions (read, write, management)
8 Likes

Overnight my Tuya integration starts working again without any intervention. :wink:
Definitely a Tuya side issue.

1 Like

mine just stopped {‘code’: 2406, ‘msg’: ‘skill id invalid’,etc…
currently i applied for trial extension,and iot.tuya says Your application for extension is being reviewed

This worked for me. Thanks for the insight.

SUPER!! Thank you!

1 Like

This solution works for me. After I lost Internet from my home and had to restart my Internet router. For some reasons, my Tuya integration stops working. After I delete the Tuya integration and try to re-add it again in Home Assistant, I ran into this error “Logon Error (24066: Skill ID invalid)”. After double check on https://iot.tuya.com that my ID/password to this site is still correct and my AccessID and Access Secret is still correct, but Home Assistant kept giving me this Logon Error. I followed this instruction here by go to iot.tuya.com and after log in with my ID, I unlink my previous linked account and then follow the instruction to link my Tuya Smart App account again, then immediately all my tuya devices from Home Assistant started showing up again.

This is the way, thanks

1 Like

Here is the solution!

I am now able to connect to iot.tuya.com and the TUYA integration is connected in Home Assistant but my Jinvoo smart wireless WiFi plug smart water/gas valve no longer appears in Home Assistant. Any suggestions appreciated.