Tuya Integration Not Showing Devices Anymore

Tuya integration stop sending device information to Home Assistant. I have renewed the IoT Core service but that did not help at all. I have removed the integration and added back, that also did not fix this issue. It stopped working on 08/22/2022.
Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 10.58.39

Thanks @krskrab, this is the exact steps I followed, but still no devices show up. Scrolled through comments and some people are stating that you have to wait another 24 hours or so that it takes affect. Hmm, will give it a try tomorrow see if thats the case.

Tuya_old custom components It still works

Ok it worked! After you follow the steps here: ℹ️ Tuya integration not working · Issue #80278 · home-assistant/core · GitHub
and the IoT core is renewed, it seems that you have to wait some time so that you can re-link the devices to Tuya cloud. I just waited about 24 hours after the IoT service renewed to re-link the app and devices. After that reload the home assistant integration.

So do you have to do this every six months?

I’ve just done my second request since getting Tuya heaters back in October 2022. Haven’t heard back yet. I’ve moved the device control over to localtuya/tuyalocal but I’m expecting to get a few more things in the next few months and my understanding is that I’ll only be able to get the device secrets with a working account. What a pain!

EDIT: trial licence extended to Nov 2023 with no challenge. Still a pain, but at least a consistent one!

APOLOGIES.

I typed this before following that link to the “every 6 months refresh”.

Did the refresh, awaiting the 24 hr period to pass… :slight_smile:

Hey there, you speak of a license. Does this mean that one needs to request a license or something like that from Tuya? I had it working, but a few days ago I saw that all devices are “unavailable” in HA. All still works perfectly in SmartHome app on phone. So, now that I saw this “license” thing here, I am wondering…is one supposed to buy/get a license? I followed the instructions here:

But do not recall coming across licensing stuff?

Advice would be appreciated.

1 Like

No problem. Yes, first time my licence had expired and I had to go through the re-linking process. This time I was prepared and got it extended before expiration.

It’s annoying because as far as anyone can tell, there’s nothing between “free trial” and $10,000 full developer account for companies building their own products on the Tuya platform. Especially annoying because it’s literally just a device ID/secret that requires the active licence, and there’s no compelling reason that couldn’t be available in a developer view in the Tuya app.

I had the same issue yesterday (Feb. 2024). In the morning Tuya was working perfectly fine, but in the afternoon all my devices were gone. I tried reconnecting/reinstalling Tuya, updating Hass, but no luck.

Today, approx. 12-18 hours later since the devices disappeared, it is working again!
What did I do? Yesterday I logged into https://iot.tuya.com/ and renewed my certificate, which was expired for like 14 months… Shortly after this, nothing changed so I gave up. The next day I decided to give it one more try and I got surprised everything is working again.

Steps:

• Go to “Cloud” → “Cloud Services” → column “Status” → “in service” in orange → renewed certificate → next day, it was green again.

• Go to “Cloud” → “Development” → “Open project” → “Devices” → “Link Tuya App Account” → re-add your device

• Reinstall the Tuya integration at HASS

• Restart HASS

• Done

1 Like

No, you should use the new tuya-integration. It doen’t need the Developer account on tuya

how do i can change my acc to the new SDK i dont get promted to enter the new details, even after reinstalling Tuya

Go to configuration - system - updates and choose beta chanel.
After upgrading to 2024.2b3 and restarting leave the beta chanel.

grafik

3 Likes