Tuya integration seems to have expired

It looks like my Tuya Cloud Development Plan expired after one month. I had previously installed the Tuya Cloud integration and linked my Tuya Smart Life application and it was displaying all devices OK.
When I tried to setup Tuya Local integration, I received the error “Failed to retrieve device list. Error 28841002: No permissions. Your subscription to cloud development plan has expired.”
Online tutorials and YouTube channels suggest that the free Tuya IoT Platform “Trial” edition will automatically reset after 1 year, but mine seems to have expired only after one month.
Does anyone know how to reset the CLoud Development Plan expiry date?
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

The free plan on the Tuya Development Platform only lasts for a month, as far as I’ve ever seen. There is a way to ask for an extension, but last I checked, I never got a response, though I didn’t end up waiting for it anyways. Otherwise, to extend your subscription, you have to pay an exorbitant amount of money, which none of us are willing to do. I have been under the impression that devices that were connected during the free plan should continue working, but I have been noticing some people seem to be losing access lately after their month expires.

I was never actually able to get my cloud subscription to work, but the way that I got my device IDs and local keys for LocalTuya was by using an android emulator following this video: HOW TO - Get All Local Tuya Keys (ALL KEYS, SIMPLE, NO SOLDERING) - YouTube

Since then, I haven’t had any problems with my connection with my smart plug, except for the night I lost internet for several hours and just had to unplug and plug it back into the outlet. I also added another one yesterday, so I know that the method still works.

3 Likes