Tuya Integration setup failure - Invalid authentication

I tried your suggestion, but couldn’t find Mobile Notification.

After clicking Me -> More Services this is what I see.

1 Like

Have the same problem

There is no way to add phone number to tuya smart app

I’m also having the same issue. Tried with different country codes and different apps, but still nothing. I know that my credentials are working.

Can’t get this to work either… Bummer

I have follow your suggestion @Cleverson_Sacramento. After add sms notification in SmartLife app i can use my phone number as username.
In smartlife, it show my username like this : 33-06XXXXXXXX.
In HA, i use 06XXXXXXXX and 33 as country code and it’s works.
Thanks

3 Likes

Ok so it took me quite some time to figure this out, here’s what solved it for me.

In Sweden where I am the app Nedis SmartLife (by NEDIS) is promoted as the app to use. By coincidence I found that there is another app called Smart Life (by Tuya Inc.) which is the app you have to register and use for the integration in Home Assistant to work.

Steps I did to resolve my issue

1. Downloaded Smart Life by Tuya Inc. from Google Play Store
  2. Registered new account using my email (gmail in my case) (I did not login with my google account SSO)
  3. Reset my light and connected it to the app
  4. Added the Tuya integration through the HA GUI, entered my email as username and password I set. (including special characters). Set my country code (46) and chose “Smart Life” as platform.

Worked right away.

So my theory is that “Nedis SmartLife” is not the same as “Smart Life” referred to in the Home Assistant Tuya integration setup.

I hope this can help others like myself who searched and searched for a solution. If others can confirm this is correct then the documentation should be updated to help new users.

4 Likes

I might be a little late here, but I was having issues using a hotmail account for the email. Worked as soon as I switched the account to a gmail account

I had the same issue. It worked after I choosed a password without any special characters like a questionmark.

Mobile notification setup works for me. After that integration works with mobile number as login. Thank you!

I had this problem with an e-mail address used for an account in both the Tuya app and the Smart Life app.

I created a new account for Smart Life, with another e-mail address not used before, invited this account to the home, and now it works!

1 Like

This worked, thanks man!

Adding configuration via YAML helped me to overcome this issue.

This is what worked for me with the regular Smartlife app. Took me a while to get it going.

Something I have checked on code base and figured out that the integration doesn’t use the correct region url based on the country.

If you are desperately trying to connect your devices and you don’t have time to wait for the patch, Delete existing account in another country, create an account in country "United States"

I have created a bug/feature at home assistant. https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/44922

1 Like

I tried as well, but the option is not there in Tuya. :’( I’ve checked everything in the app. Changed my PW a couple of times. Changed my email. Tried my phone # but that doesn’t work either. No clue what to check next! But the option indicated above isn’t there.

I tried that. Set a password that was just uppercase, lowercase, and a number. Still getting the same thing. I get either “Invalid authentication” or “Aborted Failed to connect”. I’ve been fighting with this for several days now and it’s getting really irritating! Not sure if it’s an issue with Tuya, or with Home Assistant.
Screenshot 2021-01-12 150615

What is your country code? If you are trying with an account that has country other than USA, this must fail. Since there is a rate limiting from tuya, when you try second time in 1 minute, it gives “Failed to connect error”

Country code is 1 (USA/Canada). Only thing I have not tried yet is to delete my Tuya account and create a new one starting with my email address instead of using Google account. Found in the notes above where that resolved it for someone… I did change Tuya to use a different email account, and back again, as well, but that didn’t help. Just not excited about completely redoing my Tuya configuration at this point since I’ll likely be re-flashing all of my devices to Tasmota at some point anyway.

In fact, I may just say screw it, and re-flash all of the devices to Tasmota instead of messing with Tuya. I’d rather not be giving my activities up to a 3rd party to handle anyway… I’ve already flashed an extra 3-way that I have, with success. We’ll see. That’s even more work, but it will be done at some point. :anguished: Between work and other necessities, I don’t have as much time as I’d like to mess with this.

This fix worked for me.

1. Head over to you file editor and add this to your configuration.yaml. If your are already registered with either smartlife or tuya it should work.

tuya:
username: [email protected]
password: yourpassword
country_code: xx

1. Then go to configurations>Integrations>add integration>tuya
  2. when you get to the tuya dialog box
    re-enter your username that you entered in your configuration.yaml file and select the app that you registered in. For me it was smart life.

Hope it works for you.
Cheers.

1 Like

What I did:

If you are experiencing that error with a linked Google account(SSO). Try creating a ‘regular’ new account just using your e-mail and setting a password. I did that and 1 minute after I could connect from my HA. I’m using SmartLife.

Cheers,
Andre