Tuya IoT account expired - unstable operation

My integration stopped working after 30 days working perfectly.
After 3 days of Googling I found this topic. There is no error in the logging. The sensors just show the status of Unknown. I don’t understand why I would need to pay or extend my developer contract for a local cloud service for a simple smart home solution.

this has stopped working. I’m not paying $25000 for 8 lightbulbs just to get the local id that’s ludicrous

2 Likes

Same problem here! Managed to extend the trial but the integration wont work and there are no errors in the log.

Got it to work!!

After flipping around on the forum searching for a sulotion and multiple restarts of both core and frontend I did a hard reboot on the HA instance and suddenly everything started to work again.

No clue why ie the root cause is still a mystery.

Yesterday I noticed that my Trust light bulbs were no longer following automation. When I checked all devices had disappeared from the Tuya integration. No error message, I tried looking at debug logs but found nothing.

After an hour or so of trying to navigate the Tuya IoT website, I see my 1-month trial subscription has expired and I cannot subscribe for another trial, but I can beg them to let me use it for 6 months. Even if they approve this 6-month extesion, what then? $25000 to integrate my light bulbs?

I guess the writing is on the wall for Tuya products with HA unless Tuya comes up with some basic package that equates to a few dollars per year. Incidentally, I saw no reminder email that the trial had expired.

2 Likes

Link to extension trial for 6 month

https://iot.tuya.com/cloud/products/apply-extension

2 Likes

So bassicly it means that everyone that use TUYA device can throw it in the bin if the use this. Or atleast use it some time.

Found out it stopped working and using it since christmas, indeed 30days.
Now i need to swap the 12 devices to other zigbee or zwave brand to use

Thanks! I didn’t saw that button for extend the period :))
After filling the application, the service was extended with 6 months (maximum).

I also ran into this IoT expired issue and clicked a good part of this Friday afternoon through endless web pages … until I found this one of Tuya explaining the process:

https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/iot/Home-assistant-tuya-intergration?id=Kb0eqjig0utdd

So yes, the 6 months extension is the way to go. And, although not promised to last for ever, it can be extended after that again. Extension request should be honored in 1 (working) day.

Fine with me if they would ask a fair fee for home users that would limit the number of API calls.
What could be considered as fair would be different for each of us ofcourse.

Thanks this worked for me even with expired account.

Update: as of today it is still working for extensions up to 6 months but the UI changed

1. Log in to the Tuya IOT platform
  2. Navigate Dev platform – Cloud – Cloud services
  3. Find “IOT Core” in the list and click “view details”
  4. It then gives you the current expiration date and a link to apply to extend it. The link opens a form you fill in with who you are and how many devices you have (less than 50, 50-1000 etc).
  5. After sending the form the IOT core product has the status “Your application for extension is being reviewed” …
2 Likes