Tuya Irrigation Hardware (Rain Point) - Problems with Integration

Yes I do. All my Tuya Devices work fine on the local Tuya, except these 3…simply these 3 devices do not appear if I try to add them via the Local Tuya integration… (maybe because they do not have a local IP ? since they are controlled via the hub ?). Because the HUB I can add it but not the devices …I even tried to configure manually and I have everything except the host (IP address that I cannot find it since it connects directly to the HUB). Any idea why / how to solve this ?

So you mean that they are not directly connected to the network but instead they are managed via a hub (Bluetooth?) and it’s just the hub connected to the network?

If so yes, this is the reason why you cannot see them to be added to LocalTuya.

Mine is a wifi valve, that is why I was able to set it up on LocalTuya

Correct they are connected to the HUB (not via Bluetooth its a “kind of” wifi/ZigBee protocol). I even can see then on the Tuya IoT Platform… This is the model I am using (exactly the one that is referred on the header of this post):

Thanks
Pedro

In any case they are connected via a network hub, and that’s why you cannot see them on the LocalTuya, as because they do not have a direct network connection.

Hello

So you do NOT have any Hub ? I thought you sued the same model (Rain Point devices with the Hub)…
(Those 2 sensors that you’ve created: they are “linked” to the Tuya device or they are just independent ? )

What exactly does your % actions mean? Via the latest Guys Smart integration, Tap to Run I can create on and off scenes but do not know how to create a scene that is on for a defined time, then off.

Where do you get the Tuya IoT Access ID and Tuya IoT Access Secret?

Would you be willing to share your code? I’m trying to do the same thing, but want to somehow accumulate the precipitation to date and trigger the irrigation if it falls below a certain level and it’s forecast not to rain.

Scenes are working properly in HA, so I can turn on/off the irrigation. However, how can I visualize the water flow from the sensors in HA? I want to see the water usage per day, similar to the app. It would be great if someone here has managed to get this feature working in HA.

3 Likes

Hello, I have integrated the RainPoint water timer with Tuya app. I have one entity available for wifi socket. How can I create a switch for water timer and a sensor for soil moisture and water flow?

1 Like

I checked the API a little bit deeper. All values are available like soil moisture, temperature, etc. My knowledge is not big enough to code a sensor with the data in the API, hopefully somebody can support here. Thanks!

I have the same irrigator (hub + valve) from RainPoint. Someone who can address how to manage it in HomeAssistant?
Thank you!

I’m able to control it with this fork of LocalTuya GitHub - xZetsubou/hass-localtuya: 🔹 A Home Assistant integration to handle Tuya devices locally "fork from localtuya"

Other solution with original local Tuya?