Tuya Irrigation Hardware (Rain Point) - Problems with Integration

Hi,

i just have bought this Hardware for irrigation ;0)

images

Rain Point Irrigation

I love the soil and moisture Sensor … its perfect if you have an lawn mower.
But now i have problems to integrate the devices into hassio. Things i tried:

• Hassio Tuya add-on : NO
  • IFTTT: NO
  • TuyAPI with MQTT: no tested yet

Maybe someone has already this hardware in use and has a solution ?!

Thanks !

Andreas

1 Like

some news?

I’ve the same system. It’s working pretty well, although I didn’t find a way how to integrate with my home automation yet.

Slightly of topic:
Did you manage to prevent or initiate an irrigation action based on the soil sensor measurement?

I believe the underlying library ( https://github.com/PaulAnnekov/tuyaha ) can not support the device because it is not exposed by the Tuya API. I ran the test script and it does not show up by calling the Tuya API.
I have sent a note to Tuya’s support as recommended by Paul. Maybe you want to do the same…

Did you integrate the irrigation system into the home assistant?

I have it, but I don’t know how to integrate.

I would be intersted in this as well, I was just looking at it and considering buying it.

I solved this by defining SCENES in Tuya that start the irrigation for a predefined time. These scenes can be used in Home Assistant.

4 Likes

Gagga you have managed to integrate it with the APP tuya ??? could you tell me how you got it? thanks

I am interested in buying this system too, any updates on integrating it into Home Assistant ?

I’ve been using it using the scene workaround described by @gagga. With some automations I look at rainfall today, predicted rainfall tomorrow, temperature and determine whether to fire the scene. I have scenes defined for different durations of watering, although I ended up only using one.

thanks. off topic: How is the battery life and what is happening when battery is low? Is is possible to remain open ?

I don’t know the battery life yet as I haven’t had them long. Maybe the Tuya app will notify me when the battery’s low? Not sure.

The intent of these is to open up when you wish to water something, so if they were open when the battery fails that’d be bad. The garden would flood.

Hello there,

Did you find a way to get irrigation system state in HA ?

Thanks,
Lou_Juicy

I don’t have this, but maybe someone at localtuya might be able to figure it out.

To help some others I am proving some more details about the process:

• You need to get the yellow version of the irrigation controller and the gateway. The green version uses Bluetooth and it won’t work.
  • You need to pair the gateway and then the irrigation controller with the TuyaSmart app. Do no use the Rainpoint app.
  • Then after setting up the app go to the tab named Smart and add a Tap-to-Run action and set it to turn on the irrigation controller. This shows up in Home Assistant as a scene.
  • The action starts a timed watering process which turns off the irrigation controller automatically. You don’t need to worry about explicitly turning it off.
  • Bonus: The TuyaSmart app supports Alexa, Siri and Homekit

Very satisfied so far with my purchase. I was looking into a “similar” system from Kärcher that was 5 times the price.

8 Likes

Thanks for the detailed instruction & remarks
Does it still get detected if you’re using localtuya component?

1 Like

I didn’t manage to connect using LocalTuya. Even though I have gotten the device id and local key for my device, I am getting an connection error when entering them in the integration. Not sure what the problem is.

However I have read that this fella has managed to make it work.

1 Like

What I’ve done is the following:

• Created 4 smart actions per % (25/50/75/100), that HA sees as scenes
  • Created the device with localtuya with 2 sensors, one for % status and one for timer remaining

I know is not the best solution, but at least it gives you a quite good control, and allows you to create schedules and automations

Hi
I am able to create the scenes (on and Off something like that), however I cannot create the local sensors using the Local Tuya integration…I mean my devices (I have 3 :-)) do not appear …(and yes I already got the local key, all that is needed but I simply cannot select (only) those devices if I try to add them via the Tuya local integration…What am I missing here ? Any idea that could help me ?
Thanks
Pedro

Do you have any other Tuya device working fine with LocalTuya integration? Honestly i don’t know where/what could be the reason why you cannot add them to the integration.