Tuya lights status not always updated

Hi,

I have two wifi tuya lights which are connected though the tuya integration.
Apparently the integration is very unstable. Many issues for getting the status updated.
This creates a lot of troubles with an automation I have. This automation is triggered by an esp 01 used as a switch, SwitchMode 8 (firmware tasmota) to get toggle, toggle, hold events. The toggle event should toggle the tuya light.
Which works sometime and looks to wait for the light status to be updated. In that case the light doesn’t response anymore to the toggle event.

Anyone having some issues with the tuya integration? Any solutions?

I’ve had some Tuya issues lately where a random switch does show up as ‘offline’ on the iot.tuya.com website (and therefore in HAss) while I can still see it and control it in the Smart Life app.
And while the conversations with the Tuya folks about the ticket I opened are always friendly, they are never helpful - the problem that started shortly after 3am according to the logs resolves itself shortly after 3am a day or two later.
I’m planning to move to the Tuya local integration asap to hopefully get rid of ‘the cloud’ that is causing my issues - and it might be causing your issues as well.

1 Like

Many thanks, I didn’t know about local tuya integration. Will give it a try, I tried to setup my home automation without the need of cloud solutions. And I by mistake ordered a wifi bulb instead of zigbee one.
Keep in touch

Local tuya integration tested and validated, working perfectly !

1 Like