Tuya lights/switches delay in updating states, is it only me?

Confirmed. Power Sockets On/Off :+1:

My first subscription was at 10.06.2021. A sadly simply not remember how long was the trial period of the ‘IoT Core’ service then.

Yesterday, when the tipp was appeared, I made a new resubscription, and the result was a 1 month period. This limit is just for the IoT Core service, all my others is valid for 1 year.

Maybe this is a new restriction or I don’t know, but all people who tried the solution yesterday based on Github info got the same result. (As I wrote there is a 6 months extension but just in case of personal requests. I did it but not got it yet.)

Sadly I don’t know more (yet).

Thanks for the update Oliver. I can confirm all Tuya devices for me (lights, switches, dimmer switches, power sockets) seem to working fine again.

I saw in a few other threads people tried to renew their Tuya developer account subscriptions. I didn’t do anything of that. It just started working fine by itself again.

@tjafbe yes, the slow response issue is not related to the Tuya developer account subscriptions. It’s related to the rapid growth of the Tuya Integration developers, which consumes our server resources fastly and result in the slow response. Thanks for everyone’s support on the Tuya Integration product, we have upgraded the server resources, and the issue should be improved now. Sorry for the inconvenience again.

2 Likes

I believe this is a beautiful use case to demonstrate to importance of HA Analytics and demonstrate to vendors the power of the HA community on the need for proper integrations and reliable service delivery :wink:

Hi Oliver!

Thanks for your fast response, and also for your hard works and efforts.

Independently what you wrote could you please explain me how could help the ‘IoT Core’ resubsription from yesterday ‘morning’ on the problem? There were some people who tried it, included me and the result was fine really. After my resubscription all state reports seemed worked instantly while I wrote more reports before about the problem, how the things gone earlier.

I hope you do not misunderstand me, I totally accept your ‘report’ about the situation but it is really interesting that from yesterday morning there were no more problems, instantly after my resubscription.

Could it be your server side changes at the same time period when every relevant people tried to resubscribe?

Thanks for you answer in advance!

I believe it’s related to the server side changes, and glad that the slow response issue is improved now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok, from my aspect the current result is fine. If the reason of that is ‘your changes’, then it’s fantastic, if the ‘IoT Core’ resubscription, then at least acceptable:) and in this case this is not your fault!

Works way better as we speak, thanks for the ones that put in effort !

Thanks zlinoliver! I’ve just ported over back to tuya integration and seems great so far. As this issue seems to arise from resource exhaustion over at your end, hope there are monitoring mechanisms in place to auto provision as Tuya products increase market share. Else we will face this once again. Cheers.

Unfortunately, it still doesn’t work for me. :pleading_face: I have restarted HA multiple times since yesterday and there has been no change in behavior of my Tuya devices. There is still massive delay in updating their status. I will keep trying.

Did you try to resubscribe to ‘IoT Core’ Tuya API service? (If not please make a try, I’m just curiouos.)

Since I started my trial a month ago, this is what is says:

I haven’t changed anything.

Do you mean I should cancel my subscription and subscribe again? Thanks.

Wow, that’s much better. Almost instantaneous now. Thanks :slight_smile:

This is what me and some other people did yesterday and the problem seemed to be solved from that point. But also this is what generated some bad tone comments as our new subscriptions limit its expiration to 1 month in total, what of course could lead for uncomfortable results.

Anyway I (we) did it, and seemed it solved my (our) problems, but Oliver told that not this was what solve it. I just throw this tip for you, as yesterday it really seemed that this was what solved our problems and my problems are currently really be solved :slight_smile:

The choice is yours, but maybe this is really need because of some Tuya API ‘bugs’?!..

I resubscribed. But unfortunately it didn’t solve the issue. :pleading_face:

1 Like

Sadly in this case I have no idea. I had the ‘slow or wrong Tuya device state report’ problem (I made lot of tests around it) until yesterday, but from that point my devices work like they should.

On yesterday there were some HA changes behind Tuya integration, and some of us made a resubscription to ‘IoT Core’ API functions.

As lot of us report ‘corrected’ results - included me -, sadly, sorry I have no more tips.

This finally solved my issue. I thought I had “Device Status Notification” service authorized, but it wasn’t the case.

As stated by “wseltzer”, make sure you follow the instructions on Tuya integration page carefully and you subscribe to and authorize all these services:

(“IoT Data Analytics” is part of “Data Dashboard Service”)

Thank you for your help “wseltzer” and “Tamas.Toth.ebola”.

1 Like

It was already posted by dev, the issue was resources on the servers handling HA API requests. This makes sense, as slow, missing responses, assuming it was something like a http server running tomcat / okhttp ( or whatever they are using), if not resourced or tuned properly, will give exactly the same symptoms of slow and missing responses.

The only thing I could see where removing and adding the subscription would resolve the issue, is that this action re-homed your API requests to a server that was capable of handling the load, whereas other people were still homed to a server that was under resourced ( which they then finally upgraded ) .

It makes sense that if Tuya had a server where they knew there were resource issues, they would stop homing any new IOT Core subscriptions to it.

Hi all,

In my case, it still works with a long delay.

I have created another project to see if this fixes it, but continue with the time-outs.

The service " IoT Core" say “Subscribe : Trial EditionExpiration Time : 2021-11-28”,

I have requested renewal on several occasions and for several days, but I have not received any response.
How many days do they need?

Excuse me, my English is very bad, I use a translator.