Tuya local

I am using the new fork of localtuya which sets up all sensors automatically and it had worked for me for this specific light.

If you don’t want to switch, let me know, i can share exact DP details later on.

Second thought, why should i wait to share :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m afraid of doing something wrong because of the different language, what is “color mode aka work mode”

I would go one by one;

• turn off and on
  • then brightness
  • then music and color specific things
  • Modalita colore - color mode
  • Colore - Color

Pretty sure music uses the smartlife app so that’s not an option locally.

Pretty sure, average user only needs light turn on/off and brightness and color :slight_smile:

First of all thank you all for your help in trying to help me
I was trying to understand if I could bring all the functions to the home assistant, but I think I’ll have to continue using the smartlife app, for example to set alarms, which I use almost every day.

I don’t understand sorry, where should I set this:

I don’t understand if you’re talking about these!
I don’t understand sorry, where should I set these highlighted in yellow:

I don’t see anything to be able to adjust the color, and also every time I turn on the light, it turns on at a very low brightness, I also have to increase the brightness every time. What am I doing wrong?

My situation is similar…

I have a Haus Bright grow liight bulb that is Tuya-enabled, and which works fine in Home Assistant using the HA Tuya cloud integration and online cloud project. From a color standpoint, the bulb can only produce warm-to-bright white.

Using a light card (Mushroom in this case), I can control power, brightness, and color temp, all of which seem to work flawlessly, just like the Tuya Smart App does. I have the click option of the light card set to display ‘more info.’

I’ve added the Tuya local integration,and through trial and error, have found the right combination of DP settings that seem to work for that, as well.

However, when I add the Tuya Local entity to the light card, the ‘more info’ also displays a color wheel selector, additional color selections (which the bulb is not capable of), an Attributes drop-down, and an Effect/Scene selection:

TuyaLocalMoreInfo

I’ve tried all sort of DP combinations, but cannot remove these ‘extra’ elements from the ‘more info’ view.

How would one go about removing these non-valid elements from view?

I have purchased two Mirabella Genio downlights, and I am having a hard time getting them into HA.
While my other touya devices show up as “Controllable” in the Tuya Cloud Development, these two are just “Read”. I think this could be the reason why these two lights are not being detected by my local tuya.
Is there a way to get them to show as “Controllable”?

I’m trying, I’ve always done everything without the cloud API, but since it was recommended I wanted to integrate it but it always gives me an error. Did you succeed?

For me, it works well, it is able to extract all the keys, ids and dps without me manually intervening.

1 Like

thanks, I gave up, I deleted everything. I only have one Tuya device and I have never managed to make it work decently. I will continue to ignore it, there is no point in continuing to give myself headaches and wasted hours doing a thousand tests.

ZIGBEE SUB-DEVICES

Hi,
After being severly disappointed by both Tuya and LocalTuya - decided to invest to reconfigure all of my devices using tuya local.
generally works well, but I have problems with my zigbee devices. Have one zigbee 3.0 gateway with roughly 20 devices connected to it, and I am having trouble adding the all of them to my HA. managed to configure about 5 zigbee devices (as sub devices), but now whenever I try adding another device it simply rejects the attempt. I have for example two identical 2CH switches, managed to easily add one of them, which tells me it’s supported, but when I try to add the second one I’m getting an error.
How can I bypass this? seems like a scaling issue to me ?!?!
Hilik

Hi All - a little confusion here on the HACS repository.

It seems most people are talking about ‘local tuya’ judging by the screenshots. I’ve been using that for a year or more with little issue but I do get annoyed that when the internet goes down, my ‘local’ devices don’t persist very well.

I cam across ‘tuya-local’ (confusing right?) GitHub - make-all/tuya-local: Local support for Tuya devices in Home Assistant

This seems to be truly local only, with no cloud connection required. I’ve set up one device as a test and the setup was hassle free, no dp set-up required and no template to configure an energy entity etc.

My question for anyone using this: the setup requires a decive local ip. Does this mean I shold set up a static reservation for these devices, or is that not needed beyond setup? what happens once the device IP changes on my local network?

Yes, setup a static reservation. The connection is via IP address. So if it changes it won’t connect. You can also block it from accessing the internet. I have a device like this working for over 2 years. Block the internet to prevent it from leaking data or updating its firmware to something incompatible.

Thanks. I asked on git and got the same answer from the dev too.

That said, I tried changing the ip of a device already set up and it kept working just fine. I’ve got 15 or so tuya devices all up so will just fix them if and when issues pop up. I’m not fussed on blocking them yet, as sometimes I use the smart life app to find their mac etc, which useful. I get the appeal though.
Mostly I just want to make sure that my home remains smart even if the internet
is down.

@hilikstein, @alexeiw123

I highly recommend using this fork instead:

I wrote a guide to get a Tuya Hub working as a Zigbee gateway via Home Assistant, using this fork of the LocalTuya project.

The setup below will give you BOTH Local control and Cloud connectivity at the same time with the standard hardware.
No device hacks, firmware flashes or 3rd party Zigbee controllers needed.

@PeteRage
This project caters for IP address changes as well. Static Reservations are not required.

Looks good. Is it backward compatible, like I can just swap this custom component in and everything that currently works - works?

Regarding the IP address. Is there is an auto discovery that works on the LAN to find the devices? I have my devices off on a different isolated LAN (e.g. iotnetwork) which could be why that doesn’t work for me.

Yep, it should just change straight over.
However you can’t revert back to the Main branch after the upgrade.
Have a look at the Github discussions for more info.

I believe it uses the Device ID and the IP address received from the UDP broadcast to match the new IP address.
If you’ve totally blocked the IoT-VLAN from being able to talk to the HA server IP address, then you may have issues

I need help if someone knows how to set up a garage door opener with sensor. Since last update Tuya integration doesn’t update state. So my plan was to use localtuya for it.
If I set it up as a switch I can open/close door but I don’t have a sensor state if door is open or closed.
ID1 is for switch itself, and ID3 is sensor state. Switch option has only one ID for selection. If I try to set it up as Cover that it reports unavailable.

EDIT: Solved, I’m just using sensor state from localtuya to update sensor in standard Tuya integration.