TUYA Motion Sensor Zigbee not working. configuration problem

Hello :slight_smile:
I bought a Motion/Lux Sensor from china wich i wanted to use with home assistant:
Sensorlink

Im using a sonoff Zigbee Stick for all my Zigbee devices.
The motion sensor is not working for me.
The sensor blinks and detects motion, but home assistant doesnt seem to notice it.
I think I need to reconfigure something.

Reconfiguring the zigbee devices shows “The device reconfiguration failed”
Maybe somebody can help me. The brightness sensor isnt showing up either.

Does sombody know what to do?

Regards
Marco

PS: Im from Germany :slight_smile:

I am assuming that the device is officially supported by HA… Usually when I run into this I have to remove and add the device back. At times it requires doing so, with a reset in between, multiple times. My guess is that something on the network, maybe excessive traffic, is preventing the device from properly configuring.

Probably need a ZHA Device Handler (a.k.a. a quirk) for it so post new device request as issue to that here repo → https://github.com/zigpy/zha-device-handlers/issues

The reason why ZHA Device Handlers (a.k.a. a quirks) are sometimes needed i explained in the ZHA docs here → https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha#zha-exception-and-deviation-handling

and read:

https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha#knowing-which-devices-are-supported

Summery in relevant technical layman’s terms;

Most Zigbee devices with Chinese brands are either made by Tuya or Aqara/Xiaomi and both of those manufacturers are infamous for making device firmware for those products that do not strictly follow Zigbee specification standards, in fact, deviating from standard attributes and values (as well as standard Zigbee clusters) will break practically all Zigbee solutions until they implement custom workarounds for each and every individual device that does not follow the standards of the set specifications, and manufacturers keep releasing new devices so to developers of any third-party Zigbee solutions that did not make that non-standard device it is like a never-ending game of playing catch-up in order to implement a new custom workaround for each new such device that is found in the wild.

To make things a little bit easier such workarounds for individual devices in different Zigbee solutions are implemented in the same way so much can be reused via shared device handlers that deal with conversions of non-standard quirks and deviations from the official specification standards set by the Zigbee Alliance.

Therefore each brand new device needs parsing and translation to convert the messages so are presented as virtual device representations that actually do follow the Zigbee specification standards. That is when someone needs to write a custom “quirk” (sometimes also referred to as a “converter”).

Device handlers/converters parse and translate/convert any non-standard Zigbee attribute(s) and value(s) or other deviating quirks into standard Zigbee attribute(s) and value(s) which then the ZHA integration can understand.

PS: Unlike some proprietary Zigbee solutions such as for example Tuya or Aqara/Xiaomi own Zigbee gateways the ZHA integration implementation and its zigpy dependency has been designed to follow the official Zigbee specification standard and therefore all devices that actually do follow the Zigbee specification standard should just work out-of-the-box without the need of any custom device handlers.

Hi :slight_smile: Thanks for you message.
I did that allready but it didnt work for me. I guess I will make a new device request.

Thanks for your detailed response and help.
I will post a new device request.
I thought zigbee is zigbee but I guess china is a little sloppy when it comes to standards.