TUYA RGB Controllers

Hi!

Long term lurker first time poster.

Only really got into the home automation thing beginning of last year. I recently replaced a number of Magichome RGB controllers with some Tuya ones as all my bulbs were already Tuya.

Magichome controllers got a bit hit or miss with whether or not they would work when I ordered them.

Anyway topic at had is to do with brightness control, I’ve obviously edited my scenes so that they include the controllers, but a curious bug has arisen. No matter what my scene.yaml states the controllers always pull the last brightness applied to them, colours will change & lights will turn off but brightness just defaults to what ever it was when the bulb was turned off last.

I ran a few scenes with the tuya app running on my phone and I’ve noted it does not change. Despite my scene.yaml clearly stating brightness modes.

Has anyone else had this issue? I know that flashing the controllers with Tasmota is an option, but I don’t have the equipment or quite frankly the confidence to attempt the flash.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I apolgise if this has been posted before, but for the life of me I could not find anything.