Tuya Smart galaxy projector

Hi I have this Smart projector

I can connect and control the colours from ha, but I can’t switch the lasers on from ha. Does anyone know if I can change the features to get this to work ?

Thanks

I think this is a good way:

I will do it soon.

2 Likes

I will order a esp12 and give this a shot. Thakyou for the find

1 Like

I receive items and perform with success the wifi chip replacement. I’m very happy of the change.

For people like me who would like to stick with the projector unmodified, is there a chance to also achieve an integration with all features? I’m still quite new to HA. I found this integration for home bridge, so it seems the Tuna API would support access to all features:

GitHub - seydx/homebridge-star-projector: Homebridge plugin for controlling tuya/smartlife based star projectors

2 Likes

HI, i got it running with all features with the LocalTuya Integration from Hacs Repo. Preconfiguring of tuya accsess is a little painful. If you got this up and running, these are my enties. Still not perfekt, because rotation f.e. is a switch that ist always on, even rotation is set to zero, but everything work fine.

"entities": [
          {
            "friendly_name": "Galaxy",
            "brightness_lower": 29,
            "brightness_upper": 1000,
            "color_mode": 21,
            "color": 24,
            "color_temp_min_kelvin": 2700,
            "color_temp_max_kelvin": 6500,
            "color_temp_reverse": false,
            "scene": 25,
            "music_mode": false,
            "id": 103,
            "platform": "light"
          },
          {
            "friendly_name": "Power",
            "restore_on_reconnect": false,
            "is_passive_entity": false,
            "id": 20,
            "platform": "switch"
          },
          {
            "friendly_name": "Stars",
            "brightness": 22,
            "brightness_lower": 29,
            "id": 102,
          },
          {
            "friendly_name": "Rotation",
            "brightness": 101,
            "brightness_lower": 0,
            "id": 101,
          }
        ],
        "add_entities": false,
        "model": "Smart-Star-Projector ",
        "device_id": "fw4e423243432342",
        "dps_strings": [
          "20 (value: True)",
          "21 (value: colour)",
          "22 (value: 794)",
          "24 (value: 0030001403c1)",
          "25 (value: 05464601000003e803e800000000464601007803e803e80000000046460100f003e803e800000000464601003d03e803e80000000046460100ae03e803e800000000464601011303e803e800000000)",
          "26 (value: 0)",
          "101 (value: 1000)",
          "102 (value: True)",
          "103 (value: True)"
        ],

5 Likes

@unic do you have the galaxy lamps projector (galaxylamps.co I think it is)? I have one but have no clue how to get it set up for this. Anyway you could help? Right now I use the galaxy lamp app but would like it in HA.

Hi, sry, your link is blocked by my Adblock. Ist the one MrRodz has send a picture.

Just reset it and try to connect it with the Tuya Smart app on your phone. If that is working you can install the LocalTuya Integration from Hacs. As i said, its not so out of the box like a lot of other integrations. I needed around 3 Hours to get it up and running and deciding which way i use, because there are a lot. I used the one documented directly inside LocalTuya. But there is also a version with Bluestack, where you do not need to create a develeoper account on a Tuya Website.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll try a reset. and I had the URL wrong. sorry about that. Hoping I could get this into HA :slight_smile: even more so if it’s local.

Hey, thanks again. I got it all setup. I think the Rotation makes sense as it never actually “stops”…or at least as Tuya is considering it. Rotation is still On, it’s just not rotating (if that makes sense).

Again ,though. This is awesome. I’ve hated that this was cloud based.

1 Like

btw, on my side this thing still tries to talk to cloud. Blocked everything including local DNS Port in my Firewall, but maybe its because i used the way with the developer account.

yeah, I haven’t gotten that far yet. The device keeps going unavailable, sometimes for minutes at a time. and it happens a lot. Can’t trust it to be automated if it’s not up a lot of the time.

I don’t see why it would go down. I keep getting warnings and errors. still looking into them

Hi, I do not have these problems, so i can’t help here. Have read that the device can get into loop if it reaches a dns Server, but not the Cloud.

well is slowed down. I also added a scan interval and maybe that’s helping as it’s only happened twice now and only for about 15s which is acceptable to me.

Hi Unic.
Do you have a hint, where to put this code, please?

HI, i got it running with all features with the LocalTuya Integration from Hacs Repo.

I can’t find a json File to put this context in.
Thx in advance,
a novice :wink:

1 Like

Hi,

If you connect the Projector sucessfully to Home assistant you need to configure the enteties on that, because they will not autodetect. I created the code with the gui from it. It is just an export of that as Yaml. I do not know how to copy & paste it. The long values are just random, you only need the definitions of which number is what.

Hi. I have added the projector and can control it via Tuya app. It is visible in my device list from on HA with Tuya cloud integration but the device has no entities and is mentioned unsupported. Anyone can help how to create entities, I just need to control on/off.

Big news: There’s now a solution available to flash ESPHome on the original microcontroller that comes with the Star Projector which even doesn’t require to open the device (!). Everything works via direct WiFi connection between your computer and the Star Projector (the projector provides a WiFi access point). So no more replacement of the original microcontroller requiring soldering, this is the most convenient jailbreak one can think of.

I found only two minor issues at the moment (minor because they can both be addressed via Home Assistant automations for instance):

• With unchanged settings after turning on the projector it turns off itself automatically after about one hour. I just started to investigate this by e.g. testing if it makes a difference if I leave the motor off.
  • When you turn the device on using the main switch it doesn’t remember the last state of lights/laser/motor when it was on before.

I immediately bought a second device after I had successfully flashed the first one. Both devices show the same behaviour described above.

This is how this jailbreak miracle looks like in HA:

And you’ll find all the magic here: GitHub - M4GNV5/esphome-SK20-Nebula-Light: Custom firmware flash instructions and esphome config for Tuya SK20 nebula light (no disassembly / soldering required!)

4 Likes