Tuya Smart IR with home assistant

Can you create a script from a scene? I can see all my remote buttons in HA scenes. If i activate it nothing happens.

Found my problem thanks. Had to reset my tuya receiver a few month ago and when I looked in my tap to run I noticed that all actions were removedšŸ™ˆ.

All is now sorted againšŸŽ‰

same problem

So, local tuya (hacs) isnā€™t able to control tuya IR blasters? Has anyone tried to ā€œtasmotizeā€ one ?

2 Likes

Just found this page

Iā€™ll try to reflash (=brick) mine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I succeeded to flash my unnamed/unmodeled IR blaster with Tasmota. My IR Blaster was powered by the ā€œtasmotisableā€ TYWE3S module.

I applied the YTF Universal Remote IR Controller (from YTF Universal Remote IR Controller Configuration for Tasmota) and it seems to work well.
Now I am able to send IR commands to my Yamaha Hi-Fi stereo system from a custom Lovelace buttons card that mimics the original Remote:

Thanks to @ChewbaccaBG for suggesting the right thing to do.

2 Likes

How did you flash it? Did you have to connect the EN pin to GND to reset the device to enter boot mode?

Iā€™m trying to flash mine with a similar chip but canā€™t get it to work

No, I used this cabling, with a Raspberry Pi as a serial programmer.

To make the TYWE3S boot in flash mode, you need to short pin GPIO0 with GND. Give power, count to ten, and then you can disconnect that pin, the module should be ready to flash.

I used a step down converter from the 5V pin of the Raspberry to avoid drawing too much current from the 3v3 pin of the Raspberry GPIO. But this is only an ā€œexcess of cautionā€ (I donā€™t know if this is correct in english): I have been said that the 3v3 current from the raspberry is enough to power up the TYWE3S.

If you use esptool, you can test the flash mode issuing the ā€œflash_idā€ command:
esptool.py -p /dev/ttyAMA0 -b 115200 flash_id
You should obtain information about the module.

HTH!
Lorenzo

1 Like