Tuya Smart IR with home assistant

need help on howto integrate Chinese tuya based Smart IR with home assistant. working with Tuya app but under home assistantit says not compatible .Tuya WiFi IR Remote Control for Air Conditioner TV, Smart Home Infrared Universal Remote Controller For Alexa,Google Home|Smart Remote Control| - AliExpress

When HA switched from unofficial Tuya support to the official one, the only option to integrate Tuya IR (via Tap-to-Run scenarios) was lost. Since then I’m waiting for this support to be added back again, but it seems this will never happen.
PS: Local Tuya integration is also unable to control IR.
PPS: Universal WIFI IR Remote is not showing in the list of devices · Issue #440 · tuya/tuya-home-assistant · GitHub

1 Like

Tap to Run Scenarios is working perfectly on Home Assistant and indeed have never been lost. I am using it with HA for the last 2 years even with the new integration.

3 Likes

Can you please show/describe the way you are using it? With a screenshots preferably, because I’m feeling myself a bit stupid.

I was pretty sure you could still use the old Tuya Custom component if you wanted to while waiting for functionality to come to the officail First Party Tuya integration.

i am unable to find tap to run in tuya V2. Is there a guide that you can point me towards to get this in TUya V2?

Thanks

Tap to run scenarios are being created within the app not from Home Assistant. once a scenario is being created it will show up in HA.

2 Likes

I have a number of tap-to-run scenarios defined, but none if them are available in HA. Where are you expecting to find them?

They are all transferred to HA official Tuya integration. You can find them under scenes section.

1 Like

No, there is no any items under scenes for me. I’ve tried to add a new one tap-to-run scenario in Tuya app, restarted HA - and still with no luck.

Can you please try to add a new one in Tuya and check if it is available in HA? There is a chance that this kind of transfer only happened once during migration (for you, but not for me - there was no any scenes after migration to official integration).

I created a new tap to run under tuya app just for test purposes.

Then I turned back to official Tuya integration on Home Assistant. As soon as I reloaded the integration, the newly created scene appeared in my HA instance.

So the integration works well. Maybe there is an issue with your setup.

3 Likes

I was finally able to fix this. For some reason most of API Authorizations were removed from my Tuya IoT project, including Device Status Notification and Smart Home Scene Linkage. Once I have created a new project from a scratch, and re-created integration in HA, everything have turned green.

Tap-to-Run scenarios was added to both HA scenes, and also as integration virtual devices.
Hope this information will help guys with same problem.

1 Like

Hi, is possible to run Tap-to-Run scenes in Local Tuya or I have to install official Tuya integration for scenes? Thx

2 Likes

You need to set up the Tap-to-Run automation in Tuya Smart, this then syncs through to Home Assistant. In Tuya Smart > Scene > Tap-to-Run tab.

2 Likes

Connecting this Tuya ZigBee Smart IR Remote Control to Zigbee2MQTT is a breeze, but I feel there’s nothing I can do with it until I connect it to the Tuya Smart app and in order to do that I’ll need a Tuya Wired Gateway hub, am I correct?

1 Like

No, I don’t think so. You should use the Tuya integration and there you’ll find everything you need.

NVM: spoke too soon. I see what you mean now…

So you believe I need that hub as well?

I bought one myself and I didn’t need a hub or anything.

Bought it off of amazon and works like a charm! As long as you use ‘tap-to-run-scenes’!

Ok interesting,
Would you be so kind to point me in the right direction on how to do this?
How can I train the module to copy my existing remote signals?

Edit: perhaps a better question is how I can connect the Tuya Smart App to my Home Assistant instance without using a Tuya Smart Hub?

That’s the easiest part. Install the Tuya Integration.