Tuya smart ir

Yes I’d done what you mentioned able to fire off ir automation with smartlife phone app, but in HA the scene for it does not show even after 24 hrs eventhough the device and the entities shown up under HA.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the IOT tuya platform, as my devices do not show up on their IOT development dashboard ? Or my subscription somehow my trial subscription expired but can’t purchase a new trial anymore and don’t feel like paying for the other licenses. But again all my smart plugs and sensors work, just can’t get the IR scene working. Or should I be trying tuya integration V2 for HA that I saw discussed somewhere ?

You should be using the latest Tuya integration, the instructions to set it up are detailed here: Tuya - Home Assistant

Thanks, @alexkutsan . I made an input boolean for my IR LED candles so they can be turned on/off via the HA app and automations. I made 2 automations for the control of the input boolean.

I’ve couple of tuya Smart IR with temperature and humidity sensor built-in

it also shows as (not supported) in home assistant. This thread is almost 4 years old and still no integration! is there even a chance?
btw the tap-to-run work around seems to kinda work okay, but a full integration for new tuya devices would be much appreciated.

same as mine… but after I click reload tuya integration in HA… now I can see the new scene… hope this help

Does this still work offline?

Try using the LocalTuya integration. It will give you the humidity and temp readings.

Use the scenes in the tuya/smartlife app to be able to view buttons in homeassistant with the official tuya integration.

Ohh yes, this seems working for me.

Unfortunately after may update, i am no longer to manage tuya devices that are triggered by scenes

There is a Tuya-IR plugin for homebridge that basically beings all your tuya remotes in to homekit. it works really well with Air conditioners and some other remotes also. I am using it with my gree dumb inverter AC’s and it just works. Just install homebridge and in the plugins search for homebridge-tuy-IR and all you have to give it is the device ID and the rest of the stuff it picks from the tuya iot. Maybe someone with programing knowledge can port it for homeassistant.

1 Like

+1 for this feature!