Tuya Smart Life ZigBee Energy Meter

Hi, I got Tuya Smart Life ZigBee Energy Meter connected in the HA using sonoff zigbee gateway usb3.0, but its only showing the diagnostic information of LQI and RSSI, no sensors information.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004948381800.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.125.21ef1802R6LJrj

Anyone had the same issue, or know how can I retrieve the sensor information?

additional information:
I have a few other sensor that are working fine:

• Tuya ZigBee Smart Temperature
  • Tuya Smart Home Zigbee Door Sensor
  • Tuya Zigbee3.0 Human Body Motion Sensor
3 Likes

I found this tutorial, that helped me to configured.

I’ve followed that tutorial and still can’t get it reporting the sensor. I’ve tried re-configuring and removing and re-pairing the device.

Any advice?

To add a little more information, it looks like I’ve gotten the custom quirk working, but I’m not getting any sensor information out of it.

Im having exactly the same setup and problem :frowning:
I can see RSSI and LQI, but no current/voltage out from the sensor.
Im using ZHA, maybe this devices is not implemented? Maybe its mandatory to use the Tuya app for this?
Or maybe in Zigbee2MQTT could work?

Following the links provided by @phods looks like there is a “quirk”? I should dig into that to see if it works

Same setup and working fine for me with Zigbee2MQTT.

Hi, having the same problem - no sensors displayed.
Have tried the quirk, tried using the Apps (Smart Life and Tuya Smart) - still nothing.
Have you been able to get this device to show the Sensors correctly?

Hello!
This is my very first post in this community, and my very first steps with HA, so please be patient with me.
I have just bought an Energy Meter as my first zigbee device and a MOES Matter Zigbee hub to connect it. I made it through de Tuya Smart app.
On HA, I’m having the same problem, in my case HA shows only one entity (energy [kWh]), but not others as Power [W] or Tension [V].
As far as I have read, this only seems to work fine through Zigbee2MQTT and I’m wondering if it’s necessary for me to buy that dongle.
It’s being quite frustrating for me to buy my first two devices and be wondering if I need a third one to make them work.
I’m also not sure of the difference of a Zigbee2MQTT or SHA with my MOES zigbee hub, nor what a “quirk” is; I guess I have a long way ahead for learning.
Anyway, any help or clarification is more than welcome.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Zigbee2MQTT and ZHA require a supported dongle (or network alternative), but are local integrations, nothing leaves your home.
With your MOES Matter Zigbee hub, your data first goes to the cloud (china), and then HA collects it from that cloud.

Thanks, now I’m wondering if I should try to return my new MOES hub or if I will find some function there that won’t work on the local devices.
Anyway, I don’t want to get this conversation far from its original topic.
I’ ll inform if I finally try it on a Zigbee2MQTT device.

Hello! Let me share my progress with this matter :wink:
Finally, I returned the MOES and purchased a SkyConnect dongle.
Installing the Energy Meter with ZHA was SO EASY… and so useless since it didn’t get sensors information.
I tried then Zigbee2MQTT. It was not easy. It kept me a few hours wondering about MQTT broker, SambaShare, VisualStudio and other Harry Potter sorceries.
But at some point everything fit together and there was magic. Finally I have my Energy Meter connected with a bunch of sensors, and some useful learning in my head for future ideas with HA.

1 Like

I have been trying to set up the Tuya Smart 2 Way WiFi Energy Meter for 2 days now. After the initial installation, ZHA paired it, but without any sensor data. After adding a custom quirk, I got a total consumption sensor, but in one direction. Since I have a solar power plant, I need measurement in the other direction as well. Any tips?

Hoping someone can help me out. I bought a Tuya Bidirectional energy meter with 80A current clamp I changed the clamps from 80A/ 10MM to 120A 16MM. I attached both the clamps to the two main phases in my meter box. The device was detected and “seems” to be working however even though the wattage changes the kw/hr does not change. I have setup two meters using the guide below

However the total energy for any day is way off for example yesterday the energy measured on meter A was 3KWH and Meter B 1.96 to a total of 4.96. My provider provides daily usage through their site which measured my usage at 15.02.

Any idea on why I am so way off?

Do values update after you check the device status in the Tuya/Smart Life app?

I have a similar issue with another tuya zigbee energy monitor where it doesn’t seem to be pushing new information unless you go to the mobile app and open the device info.

I have added this clamp meter to my network. I use MQTT with zigbee2mqtt bridge. The device is connected to zigbee just fine but like others, no power or current readings just voltage and link quality.
For example:

Apr 04 17:32:42 pizigbee npm[1060]: Zigbee2MQTT:info 2024-04-04 17:32:42: MQTT publish: topic ‘zigbee2mqtt/Clamp Meter’, payload ‘{“current”:null,“energy”:null,“linkquality”:63,“power”:null,“voltage”:249}’

Any ideas? Thanks

I have just purchased one of these but am using ZHA, I followed the instructions here:

and updated the device info:

_TZE204_81yrt3lo

MODELS_INFO: [            
        ("_TZE205_81yrt3lo", "TS0601"),
    ],

I can see its being loaded as its showing in the cache, however I’m not seeing the extra entities under the device, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Bill