Tuya Smart Plug accumulated energy

I recently bought some new Tuya Smart Plugs, which report the current power consumption just fine. However, it would be great if it could also report the total power consumption so that the data can be used with the built-in energy management features.

Please check here Convert W to kWh?

Yes I’ve seen that post and am also looking into the Total Daily Energy Sensor, one of those will probably work in my situation, but it would be great if it was possible to get the most accurate reading directly from the smart plug itself :slight_smile:

Edit: I just realized that the sensor I linked would require an esphome device that is reading the instant values and not my smart plug, but the post you linked should work aswell.

if you have a sensor with watt reading, just follow that post. It will create a sensor with kwh reading and then it will be accessible by energy dashboard. Using energy dashboard you can have daily weekly etc consumption values.

1 Like

Hello @adsa , how do you made your power consumption to be seen in home assistant? Ive bought the Tuya Smart Plug (antella) and connected it into home assistant with the cloud integration, but I cant see the power consumption (only in the app)…

3 Likes

I have the same thing, I bought the plugs to monitor power from my fridge and oven,

do you know of a work around?