Tuya Smart plug - cutting from cloud

I have some beken based tuya smart plugs that I want to install esp home on. Was trying to follow the guide on tuya-cloudcutter github, but it fails every time.

The plug model is Elivco LSPA9. The Tuya cloud cutter repo has two devices by this name, with fw 1.0.3 and 1.1.8. Mine comes with fw version 1.0.4 according to the tuya app. I tried flashing both of those firmwares and also all 1.0.4 firmwares, but it always says it did not found an exploit.

Also I cant seem to make my device slow blink. Holding the power button the second time for approx 5 secs makes the light stop blinking for a second, but after releasing it it just blinks again with the same fast speed. Watched all the youtube videos and tricks, but all I get are the fast blinks.

1 Like

If you know how to solder, everything will be easier. You need to connect the TTL to the chip (as for flashing ESP devices). I have three such (similar) sockets.

1 Like

i flashed several devices with TTL already. but taking apart a power plug in a non-destructive way is more than tricky for me. done that already in the past and kinda failed, not to eager to try again

Hi, I have exactly the same problem on that plug. I already successfuly flashed elivco plug with 1.1.8 version with tuya cloud cutter. But now since I received 1.0.4 version, this impossible to get AP mode and flash correctly. Did you manage to find a solution ?

no. but your case its actually good news that i am not stupid, but this is apparently a new firmware version that is probably not flashable (yet).

Yes, I am currently working on the profile for this version I will repost an update in this comment channel

2 Likes

Hi @Fantomas74 !
I watched your video about Tuya Cloud Cutter for connected plugs, (very interesting videos, thank you for the work :)) and I bought the same plugs in 1.0.4; did you find a solution ? Thank you and continue these projects and videos :slight_smile: !

1 Like