Tuya Smart Wifi Smoke Detector Sensor 90DB Alarm Fire Smoke Detector Wifi Fire Protection Smart Life Home Security Alarm

I am looking for a solution like the Tuya Smart Wifi smoke detector can use without Tuya APP / Cloud.

I can’t connect and flash the devices are with “Tuya Convert”. Also try this via the serial interface Flashing with Tasmota or ESP Home, but also this failed.

Description:
Input Voltage: DC9V alkaline battery (Not Include)
Static current:<10uA
Alarm Current:<100mA
Low battery alert:≤6.5±0.5V
Alarm Sound Level:>90db/2m(2.4GHz)
WIFI: 802.11b/g/n
Working Temperature:-10-50℃
Working Humidity: ≤95%RH
Tuya/Smart Life APP control
Works with Amazon Alexa / Google assistant

Model: ZN355087_01 - 4A3-14A1-01

Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004094671627.html

Does anyone know a solution to this ?

1 Like

What’s the chip on the device?

Looks like a Beken chip (BK7231N).
You have 2 options

1. CB3S has the same pinout as ESP12F/S
    You could desolder the chip and replace it with esp.

2. Flash openbk firmware for beken, there’s support for tuyamcu (based on smoke detector config for tasmota). You could raise an issue on how to configure it after flashing

Thanks, openbk firmware looks good. Just have to find a way how I can transfer the firmware with OSX (iMac) and a USB to TTL converter or how I can do it with a Raspberry rb3b.

Otherwise I need to get esp8266-12e.

I’d recommend using the python tool

@petsie - any luck flashing it? I have the exact same ones and tried the python method on a MacOs and on windows with no luck. I keep getting cannot get bus. even after i tried shorting CEN and GND

Have you tried just power cycling it? Not the uart just reconnect ADC pin right when flashing starts,

Also, if you know the tuya firmware version, you could use tuya cloudcutter and flash via ota

Negativ, not on Mac OSX or Rasperry.
Will exchange the chip for an ESP12F / S

Haven’t tried powercycling. Will try that today
Cloud cutter, do you mean this?

Yes, that would be the tool
Generally the steps are:

1. copy firmware file to custom-firmware folder
  2. run_flash script
  3. pick the profile based on tuya firmware version
  4. reset the device until the device ap shows up
  5. let the tool do its magic
  6. reset the device the 2nd time, if the profile works, the ap prefix would start with ‘A-xxx’ instead of ‘smartlife-xxx’ and starts flashing the firmware.
  7. fin

Did you succeed to have this detector working ? I got 2 of these and i would like to have them working fine.
Can you explain what you did ?

You can join the discussion there