Tuya / Smatek "T6E" and ”S6E” 4-inch Control Panels for CCS (Central Control System) Android-based in-wall 4-inch smart display with touch screen now sold under many different brands

How would I go about that? My serial tool “just” let’s me send text, but I can’t have my keypresses sent over, so how would I hit ESC repeatedly?

Any good serial tool reccomendation? I first just used ArduinoIDEs Serial Monitor, but that can’t do 1500000 baud rate. So I just googled and found this: https://www.com-port-monitoring.com/

Screen, minicom, or maybe putty if you’re on windows.

For example

screen /dev/ttyUSB0 115200

Ctrl + A, ctrl + D to exit

oh wow, I didn’t even know / never realized PuTTY supports Serial :smiley: Thanks, I’ll give that a try!

tja, no success. I see data being transmitted on my little USB-To-Serial board (has a tiny LED for it), but no response to anything. No ESC smashing, no nothing.

On the pull-ups: The displays PCB doesn’t have any, my USB-To-Serial board (using a FT232BL) also doesn’t have any. However, if I measure the TX and RX pins on the USB-To-Serial board, they’re both pulled high, but again: No resistors on that board on the TX and RX lines. I guess the FT232BL has some internal pull ups?

I ran a port scanner on the display and the only open TCP port is 6668, nothing else. But I can’t even telnet to it, very weird…

I leave it back to the experts / blackadder :wink: to find something. If I can provide any help in measuring or testing anything: More than happy to do so! Currently I have this thing here laying around for nothing, could also just go to trash in that state, as it’s useless without an HA dashboard :frowning:

I have one of these things with the old software on it.

IIRC, there’s a micro usb inside the thing.

Maybe the better approach is to try flash dumping it so we can put the old software on the new units.

It seems xrock supports the px30

Aside from the uboot command line, This doc from Rockchip suggests two plausible ways to get into ‘rockusb’ mode:

1. With the rkdevelop tool:
    rkdevelop db

2. By shorting the emmc clock pin to ground.

I’m thinking from there it should be possible to dump it with xrock.

I made a flashdump of my T6E with the known good firmware.

My PCB is labeled SY-PX30-T6E-V1.0 with a manufacture date of 2021-07-09.

WARNING!!!

• I have not attempted to flash this back into my own device!
  • This may make your device unbootable!!
  • Backup your flash before writing mine!!!

With that said, anybody want to try flashing this into their unit?

Here’s how:

1. Download and extract
  2. build rkdeveloptool
  3. press the button on the pcb while powering on to enter loader mode
  4. ensure a device is detected:
    sudo ./rkdeveloptool ld
  5. Backup your device:
    sudo ./rkdeveloptool rl 0 15269888 t6e_backup.bin
  6. Flash your device:
    sudo ./rkdeveloptool wl 0 t6e_rktool_dump.bin
  7. Power cycle
  8. Report your findings back here

Edit: If somebody could provide a backup of the newer software, I could verify that this works and create an easy procedure for everyone to follow.

Notes:

building rkdeveloptool on linux

sudo apt install -y libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev dh-autoreconf pkg-config libusb-1.0
git clone https://github.com/rockchip-linux/rkdeveloptool.git
cd rkdeveloptool
aclocal
autoreconf -i
autoheader
automake --add-missing
./configure
make

restore backup flash

sudo ./rkdeveloptool wl 0 t6e_backup.bin

1 Like

No takers, eh?

I’m working on a custom rom for the t6e, similar to this one.

Would be really helpful to have a flash dump of the newer firmware!

Anybody?

1 Like

Sorry, forgot to reply. I’m currently on a longer vacation, back mid January. I can try to dump mine then!

2 Likes

I got a device that was sold as “NSPanel Pro” on Aliexpress, but wasn’t one :/. These things keep piling up here…
This time Linux again, but strangely with an open ADB debug. I can connect via ADB wireless and I do get a shell, but I am unsure where to go from there…

Can you post a picture of the PCB?

Would be useful to get an idea of the differences, if any, between theses devices

Of course! My device seems to be quite hacking friendly. Not only is ADB debugging active, RX/TX ports are also clearly marked (though I didn’t hook it up, yet) and it seems that an micro usb port could be easily added. If I am not mistaken, there are even debug points for the usb port…

Got the console working via serial and got the same output as yours, but that’s all. No inputs, no way to interact with the PCB. Tried pressing ESC/ENTER but nothing seemed to work. If you ever find a way to open a ADB shell please let us know!

Do someone knows if T6E is upgradable with NSPanel Pro firmware?
I tried this app GitHub - seaky/nspanel_pro_roottool_apk but it crashes while starting installing firmware…

@koshi’s pcb is very different than mine. Does anybody have any data on the differences between these t6e units?

Do you have the exact link to AliExpress where you bought it from?

I still owe you trying this out! I’ll try to do that this week, things are just a bit swamped right now! Promise I do this soonTM :wink:

Hello everyone!

I don’t know if I’m in the right thread here. But I’ll give it a quick try: I bought this screen - thoughtlessly as so often - here: Smart Home Control Panel Max 10 inch screen Bluetooth Zigbee Gateway Building Intercom Compatible | (CCS) Panel | Tuya Expo

My idea was that I could then “somehow” use this tablet as a control unit. I had and still have no intention of using the Zigbee hub - just the tablet as a control unit.

Has anyone had any success with this device?

Just to share some of what I found regarding this type of devices, the following links have some info about how to disable Tuya Apps, install Launcher, update WebView and Proximity Sensor.

T6E/S8E Sideloading Apps
WebView Update

Proximity Sensor

Reddit Discussion

Hey @mattmon! I finally had/have some time to work on this. Got rkdeveloptool compiled, now wanted to get it into “loader mode” but I don’t have a button on my PCB :smiley: You say “press the button on the pcb while powering on to enter loader mode” :smiley: See the pics I posted of my PCB a few posts up… What is that button effectively doing? I guess what u said in the earlier post: “By shorting the emmc clock pin to ground.”?

I would need to find the emmc pin then and see if I can hook up a button to it :confused:

Thanks!

[EDIT] As you can see in the 3rd pic here: Tuya / Smatek "T6E" and ”S6E” 4-inch Control Panels for CCS (Central Control System) Android-based in-wall 4-inch smart display with touch screen now sold under many different brands - #61 by ezcGman

There are two pad pairs made for a button. Bottom pads are indeed GND, but no idea what the upper pads are… I tried just soldering some jumper wires to them to bridge the pads, but:

• Bridging the left one before you connect it to USB doesn’t make it boot at all. bridging it right after u connected USB doesn’t do anything different to the boot / still doesn’t seem to enter any “loader mode” and “rkdeveloptool ld” says “not found any devices!”
  • Bridging the right one doesn’t do anything at all…

There’s also a lot of empty pads around them. At least a diode and probably some (pull up/down) resistors? So even if that would be the right pads, maybe still missing some resistors?

Is there any visual difference in boot that I could actually recognize that it boots into “loader mode”?

OK, tiny bit of progress… I think a main issue was that I was trying the “rkdeveloptool” under WSL, as I don’t have a native Linux machine, “just” Windows. But apparently there is a Windows version of that tool: Rock3/install/rockchip-flash-tools - Radxa Wiki

It also detects it as an ADB Device!

However, when I try to switch into rockusb mode, it actually reboots (so it does something!) but then the tool can’t detect it anymore…

So @mattmon I would greatly appreciate some ideas / help / assistance. Maybe you have an idea? Can also meet on Discord and try to find a way to dump the firmware and flash yours?