Tuya thermostatic radiator valve - external temperature sensor

Hi guys.

I’ve tried to manage controlling my Tuya TRVs by automations by it doesn’t work at even good level… Sometimes it doesn’t triggers, sometimes it triggers too often and when i put heating on it opens valve for 100%. I want to use automatic mode (like in thermostat card) with different temperatures for day and night. Where the valve is adjusting its open level to actual temperature in the room - if its lower than desired - open valve a little bit more, if it’s higher - close it. Automatic mode from thermostat card would work well, but it’s using tuya’s internal temperature sensor which shows much higher temperature than it is actualy in the room. Is there any way to change it to external temperature sensor? To open-close valve basing on the temperature from different sensor? I would appreciate any help,because i have no idea how to do it…

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hey, I’m having similar problems. My Tuya ZigBee TRV’s open the valve too far at all times. I tried maxing out the offset setting to make them think that room is way warmer than it is and setting them to lowest possible temperature setpoints. But nothing seems to work.

And even the valve open percentage attribute seems to be incorrect most of the time. It will say 0% for hours but still the radiator will be hot to the touch…