TuYa TS011F Smart Plug - HA isn't showing voltage, but is available in Z2M

Hi,

I just wanted to follow the suggestion from this posting here, and set up a green ESP8266 - 4 Channel Mains Current Sensor from Motramlabs with ESPHome.

In one of the first steps @DeanoX sets up a template sensor to get the average voltage for the power calculations, as the sensor only can measure current.

I tried to set up the same for my TuYa TS011F smart plug and read out the voltage for it.

In the ZigBee2MQTT devices exposed view, there is the voltage listed and the values shown.
When I head over to HA’s developer tools, I don’t get the voltage entity listed. When I open HA’s Settings → Devices & Services → Devices → My ZigBee ID 0xa4c138aef83fe723 in the Diagnostic Section, there the Voltage is listed. When I click on it, it show’s the red message: This entity is unavailable.

Why is that, is there anything I can do about this?

2 Likes

Relevant question. I have the same issue for an Amazon bought Tuya smart plug.

Power metering is working, however, this is placed under Diagnostic. Only kWh metering is seen as a sensor. In Z2M all values are shown correct in the ‘exposed’ section.

1 Like

Sorry. I don’t know. To be honest I am frustrated by HA immensely because of a bunch of issues like this I constantly run into. I decided not to waste my time over it anymore. Maybe I look into it some day.

I had the same issue and this thread actually got me on the right track:
In the “entity” view there is a little “Settings” icon on the top right, under which the entity can simply be enabled:

Maybe this works for you as well?

6 Likes

Thanks for the hint!

Indeed, there was the enable button.

Define the term “Usability Experience Antipatterns”, a.k.a. UX Antipatterns… :laughing:
Just took me half a year to solve the issue, where I couldn’t monitor my electricity usage as planned. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

But happy I just have to find what I wanted to do half a year later. :slight_smile:

I just created the account to thank you to @florianmar. I was going crazy with this.
So thanks man!

Thank you so much, I was looking for other alternatives or to think what was not going on the tuna smart settings in the past, now I have tried to surf and search for a solution and actually you have made me happy with such as a easy way to use my actual plugs and not throw it.

Thank you !!!