Tuya TS0601 _TZE204 configure sensitivity

Hi everyone,

I got one of those Tuya TS0601 _TZE204 “Presence” sensors… but even after leaving the area the presence sensor detects occupancy for a very long time… anyone know how to configure that ?

I know on the “configure Zigbee device” page I have some properties… but not sure what to put in there:

Hi Roelf,

I just got the same sensor this morning and I’am dealing with a similar problem. I have placed one of them in my living room and one in my 3D printing room, the one in the living room seems to work fine but just like your finding it keeps “occupied” quite a long time. For the 3D printing room the problem is worse, when one of the 3D printers is moving the sensor will always detect occupation. So I would like to find how to change the sensitivity and how to change the delay after no detection.

I have found this thread ([Device Support Request] _TZE200_v6ossqfy mmwave sensor · Issue #2059 · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHub) with some information and trying it out as we speak. I will update if I find something.

I just got it working, I used this ZHA quirk: ZHA support for MoesHouse (Tuya) Zigbee Presence Sensor · GitHub

For the instalation of the quirk I used this guide: How to setup local ZHA quirks

I assume this quirk will be added soon to ZHA by standard but for now it can be added manually. I now have these options to configure and by changing the sensitivity the sensor is working quite great now.

Still some testing and setting up to do but I have already ordered some extra since it is looking quite promising.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for this information. I had exactly the same issue. It worked fine for a couple of months, but since 2023.5 it suddenly started behaving weird. I don’t know what caused it, but it’s nice to be able to fine tune the settings now. Thanks!