Tuya water leak sensors

Is has anyone figured out a way of getting the tuya water leak sensors to show up in home assistant tuya entities under the tuya integration?

1 Like

I have managed to get it to work using Tuya Local.

You will need to set it up as a sensor, not a binary sensor.

I used the custom component tuyav2, in the new integration it is not yet available

My HomeAssistant Nov 2021 version shows water leak sensors from Tuya. However whenever I test it with water, HomeAssistant shows no activity. No update as if nothing happens.
The SmartLife App does notify me that water leak is detected. Not sure if I misconfigured somewhere on Tuya side or HomeAssistant side. Check List of all supported devices

1 Like

Did you enable notification services on the tuya iot site?

I think so. I just checked it again.The Tuya IOT platform page is confusing. I may have missed some config somewhere. Let me what part I need to check. I can see the log of the water sensors in Tuya IOT platform page it is correct.

I have 18 devices mostly lights and plugs. HA can see status of all lights and plugs the moment the status changes even if you change it on the SmartLife App.

The only devices not working is the 4 water sensors. They are not telling me when the water sensor is triggered. The State is always “Dry” despite the SmartLife App is telling me correctly there is a water leakage the instant you put it on water.

Sorry, i did not want to hijack this thread with my own issue. I hope this is related to the subject.

1 Like

It’s all good, no hijack at all we’re all learning :+1:

Hi all,
i’ve just added in my Tuya integration a couple of water leak sensors.
The status in HA seems to be properly updated, but some times when it change from Dry to Wet, also if the phisical sensor becomes dry, in HA the status is still reporting Wet.
The status is refreshed to the real one if i reload manually the integration.

Only some times the status is properly updated with a small delay of about 10sec.

How can be solved the issue of non updated status?
Could be set somewhere a polling interval to update the status every some seconds?

Thanks,
Pierpaolo

Is the status updating properly? With how much delay?

Mine update within a couple seconds but only on state change. It doesn’t appear to have a default polling interval. Probably why the batteries will last so long.

Thanks, i was able to add via LocalTuya as sensor (not binary_sensor).
I noticied that some time the real status is not captured by HA (while the APP is triggering the alarm).

Moreover the sensors shows alarm/normal status only for about 10 seconds. Nest it goes to unavaiable.

Should I use the last status instead the “live” one?
In this condition could be better the way of work of the Clod IoT Tuya integration.

Thanks,
Pierpaolo

After 8 months, I finally updated to latest 2022.7.6 from 2021.11.
I am still not able to get Tuya water sensor to tell me that there is a leak.
Smartlife App is telling me there is a water leak but HA is telling me the sensor is dry.
I am not seeing others reporting issues. Anyone using Tuya Leak Detector (non local)?
I have 30+ Tuya devices and it seems only the water sensors are not working.

1 Like

i have the zigbee version if that helps

Identical issue for me! :frowning:

1 Like

I found more more about this. Last month. I ended buying another flood sensor from Ali Express. I found that when the debug code show "product_name": "Water sensor", HA Tuya Integration does not notify or update the sensor status. However, if the device "product_name": "Flood sensor", everything works. I suspect Tuya integration is not handling product_name": "Water sensor".

1 Like