Tuya ZigBee plug turning itself off

The high voltage issue was not about what was being used on the socket. It was line voltage from the main supply. There was a huge tuya thread about it and I believed Mercator to also be affected. However it is not the case

These Mercator sockets turn off, even without anything plugged in. One of mine would consistently turn off when I booted my computer at the other end of the house.

It is poor handling a ZigBee network degredation, I’m certain.

Do you have a bluetooth devices connected to that comp ?
It’s seems to me that bluetooth is killing zigbee network. When comp with bluetooth speakers is on zigbee devices in that room just lost connectivity or it can’t be turn on or off. Even if they are routers. I don’t say that the problem isn’t in a poor device quality, just there are some other things to check out.

No but my ZigBee coordinator was not far from it. Do the EM interference from it booting was likely disrupting the network and causing the distant device to turn off.

hi ddaniel’s suggestion way back worked for me. im renovating so my zigbee network is all over the place right now so i started getting disconnects (then shut offs) for my mercator double gpos.

i modified ddaniels external convertor for the mercator double socket (z2m) and it hasn’t shut off for me anymore. i think its something to do with reporting compatibility as mentioned in their code. switching from reporting to polling fixed it for me at least

this is my convertor. im new to this hope its helpful to someone

const fz = require('zigbee-herdsman-converters/converters/fromZigbee');
const tz = require('zigbee-herdsman-converters/converters/toZigbee');
const exposes = require('zigbee-herdsman-converters/lib/exposes');
const reporting = require('zigbee-herdsman-converters/lib/reporting');
const legacy = require('zigbee-herdsman-converters/lib/legacy');
const extend = require('zigbee-herdsman-converters/lib/extend');
const ota = require('zigbee-herdsman-converters/lib/ota');
const tuya = require('zigbee-herdsman-converters/lib/tuya');
const utils = require('zigbee-herdsman-converters/lib/utils');
const globalStore = require('zigbee-herdsman-converters/lib/store');
const e = exposes.presets;
const ea = exposes.access;

const definition =
    {
        fingerprint: [{modelID: 'TS011F', manufacturerName: '_TZ3210_raqjcxo5'}],
        model: 'SPP02G',
        vendor: 'Mercator Ikuü',
        description: 'Double power point',
        extend: tuya.extend.switch({powerOutageMemory: true, electricalMeasurements: true, endpoints: ['left', 'right']}),
        endpoint: (device) => {
            return {left: 1, right: 2};
        },
        exposes: [e.switch().withEndpoint('left'), e.switch().withEndpoint('right'),
            e.power().withEndpoint('left'), e.current().withEndpoint('left'),
            e.voltage().withEndpoint('left'), e.energy(), tuya.exposes.powerOutageMemory()],

meta: {multiEndpoint: true},
        configure: async (device, coordinatorEndpoint, logger) => {
            await tuya.configureMagicPacket(device, coordinatorEndpoint, logger);

const endpoint1 = device.getEndpoint(1);
            const endpoint2 = device.getEndpoint(2);

endpoint1.saveClusterAttributeKeyValue('haElectricalMeasurement', {acCurrentDivisor: 1000, acCurrentMultiplier: 1});
            endpoint1.saveClusterAttributeKeyValue('seMetering', {divisor: 100, multiplier: 1});
            device.save();
        },
        options: [exposes.options.measurement_poll_interval()],
        onEvent: (type, data, device, settings) => tuya.onEventMeasurementPoll(type, data, device, settings)
        // This device doesn't support reporting correctly.
        // Koenkk/zigbee-herdsman-converters#1270
    };

module.exports = definition;

Hi all,

I manage to fix this for myself for the Mercator Ikuu doule GPOs by following the two guguides bellow:

1. setup zha ota folder via this guide:
    ZHA OTA Firmware Update / Upgrade - Configuration / Zigbee - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

2. then use zha_toolkit to ask the gpo to update
    mdeweerd/zha-toolkit: :toolbox: Zigbee Home Assistant Toolkit - service for “rare” Zigbee operations using ZHA on Home Assistant (github.com)

Hope this will help others.

1 Like