Tuya Zigbee Smart Bulb - pairing

I ordered a few of these Tuya Zigbee version Smart light bulbs off AliExpress.

Free shipping 1 X Galaxy tab 7" Case NEW Litch pattern Leather Case for For Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 P3110 7.0 standable cover - AliExpress

I got the Zigbee ones, as I have a ConBee II stick with my other Aqara stuff.

I thought I could get them working direct with my HA instance, as I have with my Aqara things. I get the light bulb to slowly pulse, but My ZHA doesn’t detect a new Zigbee device.

Do I need to the Tuya app first? I did get it on my phone, but when I try to add a Light Bulb, it seems to want a Tuya gateway. Have a cocked up and got a bad type of bulb? Or can I somehow get this working in HA (Preferably not through the cloud - I’d like direct)

It seems I need a Tuya Hub. Does that seem right? I cannot connect these Zigbee-enabled bulbs to my ConBee II controller?

What does it say in manual in terms of resetting the bulb? Sometimes you need to do full reset of the bulb for it to become visible by Conbee/ZHA. That was the case for my Hue bulbs (though I did have bridge to do it).

The reviews on ali are inconsistent - one says works with zigbee2mqtt, other says it doesn’t.

It’s strange because some people say on-of-on, 10x. Some say on-off-on 3x. I’ve done both, and it starts this pulsing type thing. Slow (Their said says ‘Rapid flashing’). So struggling to know if it’s in pairing mode. But I’d assume flow pulsing (Breathing speed) means it’s pairing. But not 100% sure.

I then try add a Zigbee device, but it doesn’t see anything new.

I’m using ZHA.

‘Manual’ says it works with Phillips Hue Bridge. Does that mean anything?

It says 'power on/off 3 times. So that’s settled.

It magically started working. And when something magically starts working - it must have been user error on my side. But all devices linking perfectly.

I’m betting these are TS5050B bulbs (they all seem to be from AliExpress).

I did a mini review of them here

And as you now know, you CAN pair them in HA without need for another hub.
You might find the RGB colours a little underwhelming (in brightness)…

1 Like

I’ve got some of these bulbs too. They look exactly like them anyway. I did have them operating in ZHA and I was messing with PIR and automation of them. That wasn’t going so well, so deleted the devices in ZHA and decided to start again. Only thing, now I can’t get the bulb back into a pairing mode. Similar complaint to others about how many on/off’s in a row and all in under 10 seconds, is that the approach? I remember that these glow red when you do successfully hit the pairing mode.

thanks