TuyaGateway v2.0 now available

I’ve tried both the MQTT Broker Addon/Integration and the mqtt config in the configuration.yaml. Gismo MQTT settings keep reverting to…

gismo_mqtt

Like in the previous post from @echopage, the log shows a connection coming from the user “addons”

Also getting flooded in the mosquitto_sub with device availability offline for devices/entities that have been deleted in HA and in GismoCaster. << Reinstalling the MQTT Broker Addon fixed this

Those look like the values that are coming from the HA itself. If you’re running mosquitto HA is passing those values to the startups script for the add-on and they are being used to configure both the TuyaGateway and the GismoCaster.

Is there some reason you don’t want to use those? What MQTT broker are you using? I can add an “override” setting that will force it to use the settings in the TuyaGateway add-on configuration tab, but I’m not clear on why you don’t want to use the ones that are auto-configured by HA.

I’m using the Mosquito Broker from the Supervisor > Official Add-on store. I’m not sure where the username “addons” is coming from. I configured a different username and pass in the Mosquito Broker. I have no preference to how the TuyaGateway & GismoCaster get their MQTT config, the way you have it setup seems like it should be the easiest. It just felt like that might have been the cause of some of my issues since some of them seemed to go away, at least for a little while, once I updated the MQTT Settings in GismoCaster to match what I configured in the Mosquito Broker. So, the Configuration under the Tuya Gateway addon has no affect?

Anyone know if there’s a detailed guide to GismoCaster? The only thing I’ve been able to get to work decently is a single smart plug without Energy Monitoring.

You do not have to configure anything if you have installed the official Supervisor Addon neither in the Addon or in GismoCaster. It should configure everything by itself.

About the GismoCaster Guide, currently there is no real documentation but you can read this thread carefully and discover everything by yourself. You just have to figure out the DP keys from your tuya device, how you do that was mentioned in a thread earlier.
Or just use the TuyaAPI: https://github.com/TuyaAPI/cli
It can discover everything you need :slight_smile:

The way the add-on is currently written, if you have Mosquitto installed there is no way to override the automatically configured MQTT settings. If HA gives it a username/password/host/port it uses those instead of what is on the configuration page. That’s why the username is “addon”.

However, you shouldn’t need to set anything as those are generated by HA so should work for connecting both TuyaGateway and GismoCaster to MQTT.

I have all the DP Keys that I pulled from a Rooted Android device. I have also used the localtuya add-on from here… (Tuya LOCAL with energy monitoring and without tuya-convert)

Problem I’m having with it is once I got to about 10-15 devices added, turning devices on and off would randomly take 10-20 seconds or just timeout. Started getting errors in the logs that it was having issues communicating with devices. But if I only had around 5 devices connected through localtuya, the same devices that were having issue started working properly.

Can you post some logs of that on https://github.com/TradeFace/tuyagateway/issues. I did testing with about 25 switches, switching them all at once without problems. Local tuya has several problems. For 1 it uses pytuya which uses a slow poll to get status updates from the devices (e.g. manual handling)

Finally Hallelujia, uninstalled Mosquitto e TuyaGateway, reinstalled et volià Gismocaster start!

Now the fun begins, insert the sockets, the sockets with energy usage, the water sensor, the smoke sensor …

2 Likes

gismocaster is giving me wrong username and password after I have restarted add-on

edit: it works fine, I just need to wait to clear all the error by it self.

For those who had troubles logging in with admin:admin into GismoCaster once installed the addon, you might need to re-initialize the DB, this is not handled too well by the run.sh of the addon, so in such case you should delete the /web/var/db dir (inside the container) to make it reinit.

Great work. I installed the add-on en the GismoCaster website 1.0.1 is up and running.
I also have the keys of my tuya vacuum (thanks to the site mentioned in this topic)

but I struggle with adding it in the gismocaster.
I think I need screens or a video to watch what kind of data is expected because I don’t understand it 100% :stuck_out_tongue: maybe a little to technical for me.

Installed TuyaGateway and GismoCaster via HA supervisor. Install seems fine. Unable to login to GismoCaster with admin:admin.

Several others note this issue, fix is unclear to me.

Thanks

I had the same problem, this method worked for me:

1. Uninstall MQTT and TuyaGateway
  2. Install MQTT and Tuyagateway
  3. Wait 10/15 minutes after starting Tuyagateway

If you installed it via. my add-on it should auto-populate the admin/admin username into the database on the first startup. This can take a few minutes as it has to initialize the entire database. Check the logs to see if it threw any errors.

If you’re installing it some other way it very likely didn’t run the database setup (this will be true if you’re running it in docker). You will have to exec into the container and run “make init”. I opened an issue about this in github back when I first tried to install it using docker.

Has anyone successfully added a light with brightness and color temperature adjustment via GismoCaster?
I’m having issues with MQTT discovery.

There is an issue logged here: https://github.com/TradeFace/tuyagateway/issues/76 which I have added to, however I’m not convinced it’s a bug but rather that it’s likely something I’ve missed in the configuration.
Any advice?

I need to keep both the tuya smart application and tuyagateway. But both at the same time they do not work, how can I divide devices into those that I need in the application and those that are needed locally?

I installed the Add-On in HASS.IO and it worked fine. However, i don‘t understand how to config my device in GismoCaster. I have a plug with power measurement. It uses

dps 1 as switch,
dps 4 submits current Im mA,
dps 5 power in W and
dps 6 voltage in V *10
(signature {“1”:true,“2”:0,“4”:40,“5”:45,“6”:2280}).

I also have valid deviceID und localkey. Now i want to create 1 switch und 3 sensors in Home Assistant with GismoCaster. And it would be best, in the value for dps 6 could bei devided by 10 to expose the right V value to Home Assistant.

What steps are needed to create this devices with GismoCaster? I tried to create a gismomodel and than a gismo, however, i had no success. It just created a switch in HA, but no sensors.

It would be great, if someone could explain my the right way!

lots of people have this issue. technical it works and is all good, but the steps for a normal user are a bit too technicall I think, a few samples and hints are welcome and avoid questions.

Basically, and not meant to be an accusation but an observation, the author did a great job, from the software point of view, but from the manual side he practically said the program should be installed like this … end!

Both in this thread and in the wiki of gismocaster there are directions how to configure stuff. And yes at this point I assume you have some basic technical insight of HA. If you are a better documentation writer, please be my guest. I’m more than happy to put it on the wiki.