TV Control

Hello!

I’m hoping you good folks will be able to help me with HA control of some TVs in the store I manage.

We have several TVs that we us for digital signage, and I’m trying to avoid paying for one of those subscription services because they’re all pretty expensive, particularly when we don’t change our signs very often. ANYway…

Like I say, our needs our basic. I want to turn a handful of TVs on and off via HA, and I want to control what they show. About half of them show a single image, and the other half will rotate between 3 images. These are all basically the menu of things we offer in the store.

HA will recognize all these TVs, but control is…spotty. Some of them I can turn off but not on. For most of them I can’t seem to control what they display at all (not even choose the input). It just doesn’t seem like I can really do anything with them.

Half the TVs are Samsungs, the other half TCL Roku TVs. I am able to attach a Chromecast to all of them if that gives more options.

I also might have access to some spare Logitech Harmony hubs if that seems like the only solution, but it feels more brute force.