Twilio Sender ID not working

Trying out twilio for the first time to send alerts to visitors when they are approaching my house to let them know the house is open now and stuff like that but I don’t like the fact I have to lease a phone. I am trying to use Sender ID but it is not working.

Continuing the discussion from [0.85: ESPHome, Plum Lightpad, OpenSenseMap]

(0.85: ESPHome, Plum Lightpad, OpenSenseMap):

Getting this error

Invalid config for [notify.twilio_sms]: does not match regular expression for dictionary value @ data['from_number']. Got 'AnM_House'. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/notify.twilio_sms/

EDIT: this is the error message i get.

2019-10-02 11:09:59 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.139806365392272] HTTP 400 error: Unable to create record: The 'To' phone number: +14694200733, is not currently reachable using the 'From' phone number: Home via SMS.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 130, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg),
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1235, in async_call
    await asyncio.shield(self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1260, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/notify/__init__.py", line 120, in async_notify_message
    await notify_service.async_send_message(**kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/twilio_sms/notify.py", line 64, in send_message
    self.client.messages.create(to=target, **twilio_args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/twilio/rest/api/v2010/account/message/__init__.py", line 92, in create
    data=data,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/twilio/base/version.py", line 209, in create
    raise self.exception(method, uri, response, 'Unable to create record')
twilio.base.exceptions.TwilioRestException: HTTP 400 error: Unable to create record: The 'To' phone number: +14694200733, is not currently reachable using the 'From' phone number: Home via SMS.

what I am sending

Did you ever figure this out?

I think it was my setup you can’t use sender ID you have to use the phone number.