Twilio_SMS Error - Unable to find service sms/twilio_sms

I am receiving the following error
version 35.3
AIO

homeassistant.core: Unable to find service sms/twilio_sms

I have tried putting quotes around the from_number suggested in another forum I found, which didn’t work.

I tried with - platform and bump all lines below it fro notify over two spaces as well. I am stuck on this lol

I may be wrong, but I believe it should be notify.twilio_sms instead of sms.twilio_sms

I interpreted using name would be used for referencing in automation. This way i can have multiple notifiers.

Either way, I also tried without adding name and still get the same error

name (Optional): Setting the optional parameter name allows multiple notifiers to be created. The default value is notify. The notifier will bind to the service notify.NOTIFIER_NAME.

When you look at the services dev tool, do you see a domain of “sms” and a service of “twilio_sms”? I’m betting: no. Twilio is a notification platform, so you should see something like “notify.twilio” (where twilio here is the name you gave it when setting up the platform - the token marked NOTIFIER_NAME in the platform example).

1 Like

Ahhh, that makes more sense. So I did misinterpret it, sorry about that lol. I’m only 1 week into working with HASS. I’ll try that this evening.

The dev tools are your friends!

1 Like