Two RFXCOM devices (868 & 433 MHz!) on one instance

I’m just in the process to explore HA as a replacement for my Domoticz RPi solution.
After two days I’m very impressed with HA and I managed to get a lot of sensors working like zigbee, zwave, Xiaomi and YouLess. But I got one issue which I couldn’t solve: my two RFXcom transceivers working.
My current setup is HA installed according to https://www.home-assistant.io/installation/ on a RPi 3B+ rev 1.3 (OS+Container+Core 64 bit).
I used the RFXCOM RFXtrx integration, which allows only one installation of a RFXcom transceiver…
What I did:
I connected the 868MHz tranceiver and imported about 40 (Visonic) sensors, key fobs and keypads. After connecting the second transceiver (the 433 MHz one) I couldn’t get it connected using the RFXCOM integration. The integration failed with the message: “only one RFXCOm allowed”.
Looking in the system log following is logged:

> 21-02-24 18:49:43 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.ADD usb hardware /dev/bus/usb/001/019
> 21-02-24 18:49:43 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.ADD GPIO hardware /dev/gpiochip2
> 21-02-24 18:49:43 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.ADD serial hardware /dev/ttyUSB1 - **[u]/dev/serial/by-id/usb-RFXCOM_RFXtrx868_AIZ7WTT9-if00-port0[/u]**
> 21-02-24 18:49:46 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.ADD usb hardware /dev/bus/usb/001/020
> 21-02-24 18:49:46 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.ADD GPIO hardware /dev/gpiochip3
> 21-02-24 18:49:46 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.ADD serial hardware /dev/ttyUSB2 -[u] **/dev/serial/by-id/usb-RFXCOM_RFXtrx433_A1K30TD-if00-port0**[/u]

So definitely two devices are connected…
What is the best solution to integrate the RFXtrx433 as a second tranceiver? As I’m currently stuck with a lot of 433 MHz devices as well as 868 MHz devices. (currently this is stopping me from a complete switch from Domoticz to HA)

5 Likes

2 years later … I am about to add a RFX868XL Wifi to my installation (with already a working RFX433XL USB installed) so I am wondering if you manage to get them both aboard?

No, it took to much time and after a while I ditched all 433 MHz devices and replace them by zigbee or Z-wave variants.

Thanks for the reply ! On my side the 433 mhz are 10 somfy motors and the 868 mhz would be for the lights and the slides of a pergola…

The same problem here. I have two motorized curtains on the one side of the house, four curtains on the opposite side. Built from brick I cant make work both sides. I thought that I can add numerous RFXCom devices, so already had delivered two. I installed the first, it was OK, but when wanting to install the second I ran into this… Any advice would be nice.

Hi, I have the same need, did you get the 868 mhz and is it working ?