Two versions of HASS installed?

I think I have two HASS-versions installed. The UI shows the following:

Via Terminal I can see two versions for the “normal” and the virtual environment:

pi@hassbian:~ $ hass --version
pi@hassbian:~ $ sudo su -s /bin/bash homeassistant
homeassistant@hassbian:/home/pi $ source /srv/homeassistant/bin/activate
(homeassistant) homeassistant@hassbian:/home/pi $ hass --version

How can that a) be? And how can I b) make HASS using the correct version from the virtualenv?

I made the same thing… One hass installed as a common program, one installed in a virtual environment. Nothing strange really, it’s like running on two computers. Just go to the virtual env and upgrade there.

In that case I have to upgrade the “normal” version, right?

Is it that common?! I really don’t understand how that works.
Apparently there’re two versions: one as a “common program” and one in the virtualenv. All my custom_components are located in my virtualenv and working properly. But somehow the UI shows the version from the “common program”.

Do I miss something here or is my HASS a hybrid using some components from the virtualenv and some from the “common program”? :smiley:

EDIT: how can I remove the “obsolete” version? Isn’t the virtualenv enough?

Well, I uninstalled the obsolete version of HASS via:

pi@hassbian:~ $ sudo pip3 uninstall homeassistant
pi@hassbian:~ $ hass --version
-bash: hass: command not found

In my opinion only the version in the virtualenv should be installed. Nevertheless the GUI shows “version 0.41.0”. Why does the GUI still thinks I have 0.41.0? When I have:

(homeassistant) homeassistant@hassbian:/home/pi $ hass --version

Solved by myself. Two services in systemd, only one necessary. Renamed the first one - everything ok now.