Ubiquiti integration? (Non-Unifi-based devices)

Hi!

I’ve been searching across the forum and internet about a possible integration of Ubiquiti devices non-based on Unifi or Unifi controller, without results. I want use it as network monitor or/and track devices on local network, such a nmap or netgear existing integrations.

I have a home network and a wireless PtP bridge linked to a my neighbord’s home. Our devices are Ubiquiti (Nanostation, AirRouter) but they have stand-alone OS (Air OS, Linux based), not “Unifi”. Air OS devices are not compatibles to manage it by Unifi Controller too, but they have some pretty capabilities like SSH, telnet, SNMP, ping watchdog, remote logging, etc.

I’ve tried to configure it to track devices on HA, using Unifi and Unifi WAP configs (based on SSH capabilities of devices), but they don’t work (obviusly :joy:)

Do you know if exist any working integration for our devices? I want it to track devices and/or network status monitoring.

Note: AirOS/AirMax devices and EdgeOS/EdgeMax devices and it’s OSes are NOT the same. I found any EdgeOS articles, but nothing about AirOS.

Sorry if my grammar looks a bit weird, i’m spanish. :wink:

Thanks in advance!

I would use NMAP or ping to track devices.

If SNMP is available use that component to get device information.

Thanks.

I’m actually using nmap and ping too, and it works, but i would to obtain explained information about devices, if it is possible, like a link speed, data sended/received, latency… like a Unifi controller integration.

To use SNMP i need a baseoid values for Ubiquiti, but there is not any compatible on manufacturers list :disappointed_relieved:

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

If you want more detailed information, you likey need to see if there is an API for your platforms. The unifi platform has an API (undocumented one but its there) that is used for the integrations you see.

Have you tried a SNMP walker/search tool? There are a number of free ones available. If SNMP is listed as supported for your device(s) then contact Ubiquiti support or search the forum over there, they have a decent community.

Sure, Ubiquiti is a good brand and a good commuity.

I will try and notice you about progress.

Thanks a lot!

I’m curious if you figure anything out with this as I’m trying to add a router other than a unifi product to home assistant. If anyone has any related information please let me know.