Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS’ as the OS is not supported

All of a sudden I look around and my hassio installation is unsupported. Please help. Hassio Information

20-09-03 14:47:17 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.core] Detected unsupported OS: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
20-09-03 14:47:17 INFO (MainThread) [main] Run Supervisor
20-09-03 14:47:17 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api] Start API on 172.30.32.2
20-09-03 14:47:17 CRITICAL (MainThread) [supervisor.core] System running in a unsupported environment!

Debian is the official OS for supervised installations, even then there are some very strict requirements for it to stay supported. e.g.:

• The operating system is dedicated to running Home Assistant Supervised.
  • All system dependencies are installed according to the manual.
  • No additional software, outside of the Home Assistant ecosystem, is installed. (THE MAIN REASON FOR RUNNING SUPERVISED! I mean WTF?)
  • Docker needs to be correctly configured to use overlayfs2 storage and journald as the logging driver.
  • NetworkManager is installed and enabled in systemd.

Being unsupported does not mean you can’t get support here in the forum and your home assistant server is very likely to continue to operate as expected. Lots of folk are running supervised on Ubuntu or Raspbian.

See here for more:

Frankly these messages should all be warnings. Setting them to Critical and Error level is nothing but a FUD campaign to scare people into using HassOS.

Also I moved your post because you are not running Home Assistant OS.

2 Likes

which version of Home Assistant you are running, as I have the same. This mean that we will not be receiving updates for the supervisor? as the latest build is 239 I think.

No, and no.
https://version.home-assistant.io/stable.json 235 is the newest stable, all newer than that has been limited to beta/dev channels

Ok, thanks for the feedback.