Udevd[529]: bind failed: Address in use

Any of you seeing high CPU related to this problem or is it only me?

Erik Aslaksen on the zigbee2mqtt yes , thats whaT causing the cpu as it tries to run the usb stick but cannot find it .
Os update messed up somewhere and the usb stick ( forwarded serial in my case ) gets disabled and not showing up on the hass os usb / serial lists so that makes zigbee2mqtt addon to keep cpu high

Here the same error (proxmox and hassio installed by shell in a vm)

I think is a OS problem after upgradeā€¦ i have reinstalled by shell in a new vm and there is the same error within restored backup

I dont exact Number of error but i havent deconz. Only a usb stick attached to proxmox for backup. It isnt linked to hassio

1 Like

Same here. Iā€™m running it in Oracle VM.
Updated OS to 5.11, it rebooted on itā€™s own and it worked fine, after 1 minute I then restarted it again and now itā€™s unreacheable. Dohā€¦

UPDATE: about 10 minutes later itā€™s alive again. Not yet sure if this pattern will persist at every reboot.

Thank you for sharing! I am running Conbee I with Deconz, but I guess the same problem apply there?! The strange thing was that after I managed to kill the HA VM in Proxmox, the CPU was still quite high and. fan running like crazy. After I restarted Proxmox, everything was OK - except from the Udevd error at HA login. I hope it is the zigbee problem causing my problem, but since CPU was quite high also after killing HA, I am afraid that Proxmox is not playing well with my HW. Any experienced assumtions from your side? PS Sorry for duplicated communication here and on Facebook.

Yeah mine started working after a while. Both web interface and homekit integration

I am having the same problem after updating OS to 5.11.
Iā€™m running HA as a VM using Virtual Box on an OpenMediaVault server (Debian).

after a couple of tries, including a restart of the server, HA has finally startedā€¦ but the VM screen still displays the error and the Hardware screen under supervisor displays a mess of information, completely different to what it used to be there (a sonoff zigbee stick and a bluetooth dongle)

so itā€™s most likely related to the USB devices, as others above have pointed out

So Iā€™ve just noticed this in my logs, when I started running the ā€œcheck configurationā€ addon.

[cont-init.d] udev.sh: executing... 
bind failed: Address in use
error binding udev control socket
[22:31:19] INFO: Update udev information

It then took just over 2 minutes to actually start running the addon. Seems to be behaving normally after that, but just delayed its start.

Iā€™m currently on
HAOS 5.10
Home Assistant 2021.2.1
Supervisor 2021.2.5

All three are of course pending an update, so I might hold out running that till we know more about this and whatā€™s the cause.
Iā€™m leaning towards it being something docker related, based on the above posts?

Also, not sure if related, but Iā€™ve never seen Supervisor list an update as available, but not actually run it automatically before. I thought maybe there was some breaking change they wanted people to read about first, but nothing in the changelog. Could it be that maybe this error is preventing Supervisor from updating itself as well?

Edit 1: I only have a USB SSD adapter connected to my host, my zwave stick is connected to a different host.

what do you mean homekit ?
we are talking about the usb side from the osā€¦

due to the error i lost all connectivity to home assistant. All the integrations stoped working and the web ui

1 Like

Iā€™m using a NUC NUC8i7BEH with a little bit of over capacity (32GB), Proxmox and HA in a VM. I also see this message in de console of the VM:

But, I have no problems. Not with the performance or deCONZ.

I did noticed a couple of days ago, when I booted a test HA VM, it showed OS 5.11 with the ā€˜bind failedā€™ message. My production environment back then used OS 5.10 and didnā€™t produce the ā€˜bind failedā€™ message. So I assume itā€™s OS related.

I thus have also that booting up the homeassistant os sometimes now fails, 1 out of 3 (testsystem) and when it boots it takes a far more longer time to fully load than before. I als think it was the 5.11 update.
Might have to do with the new functionality of DHCP discovery etcā€¦

I also having this problem, running ESXi
My lights wont turn on/off. Seems like thereā€™s some problem with my Conbee II dropping the connection.

Recreated the VM but problem still there.

Same problem after update 5.11 :frowning:

ā€œcheck configurationā€ addon.

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] udev.sh: executing... 
bind failed: Address in use
error binding udev control socket
[13:02:20] INFO: Update udev information

Proxmox Console

bind failed

System

Proxmox (Hassos)
Home Assistant Core    2021.2.2
Operating System       5.11
Supervisor             2021.02.6

itā€™s definitely an USB issue

my Passive BLE integration is not working anymore, so I looked in the CORE logs where I find this:

2021-02-09 14:33:57 ERROR (Thread-3) [custom_components.ble_monitor] HCIdump thread: Runtime error while sending scan request on hci0: Event loop stopped before Future completed.

I dis-attached and then re-attached the USB bluetooth dongle from the VM, did a couple of restarts, the problem is still there, the integration is still not working, however the USB dongle is recognized, I can find it in the hardware section under supervisor

I did notice however that without the USB, homeassistant starts normally (under 1 minute) whereas with the USB attached homeassistant takes longer than 5 minutes to start!!

in the VM console I see that it seems to be stuck for a long while on this line:
"A start job is running for Docker Application Container Engine"

edit: after about a half an hour of restarts the integration is working again :slight_smile:

i will try to downgrade the supervisor and see what hapens
ha supervisor update --version=2021.02.5

I tried downgrade all way down to 2020.12.0 and still problem.

its the OS !