UEI XSH2-UE working with ZHA

Has anyone got the UEI XSH2-UE Zigbee Door Window Sensor to work with ZHA? It seems to work okay with zigbee2mqtt, but nobody seems to have got it to work with ZHA!

Anybody got some tips on how to get it to work with ZHA? I don’t feel like moving all my devices to zigbee2mqtt!

TIA

This one? UEI Comcast Xfinity Door/Window Sensor XHS2-UE Zigbee compatibility

Yes. I only get the following two sensors which are not working correctly.
Found the following in the log:

Logger: homeassistant.components.zha.core.channels.base
Source: components/zha/core/channels/base.py:490
Integration: Zigbee Home Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 4:08:39 PM (10 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:04:49 PM

[0x1EAE:1:0x0001]: 'async_configure' stage failed: 'ZCLAttributeDef' object is not subscriptable
[0x1EAE:1:0x0500]: 'async_configure' stage failed: 'ControllerApplication' object has no attribute 'ieee'
[0x1EAE:1:0x0402]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.NWK_INVALID_REQUEST: 194>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.NWK_INVALID_REQUEST: 194>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.NWK_INVALID_REQUEST: 194>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.NWK_INVALID_REQUEST: 194>')]
[0x1EAE:1:0x0001]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.NWK_INVALID_REQUEST: 194>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.NWK_INVALID_REQUEST: 194>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.NWK_INVALID_REQUEST: 194>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.NWK_INVALID_REQUEST: 194>')]
[0x1EAE:1:0x0500]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.NWK_INVALID_REQUEST: 194>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.NWK_INVALID_REQUEST: 194>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.NWK_INVALID_REQUEST: 194>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.NWK_INVALID_REQUEST: 194>')]

Are you using the quirk?

I am sorry. I don’t know what that is, which probably means I am not using it.

I have a ZigStar stick (ZigStar Stick v4 - ZigStar) as the coordinator!

Translated: I am using zha but I haven’t read the docs Zigbee Home Automation - Home Assistant

Thanks for pointing that out. I may have and forgotten the functionality. I’ll enable logging and see what I’ll get.

Thanks again!

1 Like

I enabled debugging for ZHA. Deleted the device and added it again. Now the temperature and battery are reported properly, but Iaszone is always closed. Strangely, there are no entries in the log for ZHA.

I will try to resolve using quirks.

Were you ever able to get these sensors to work? I’ve tried with the uei.py quirk that is floating around (seemingly merged into zhaquirks also), but the contact sensor does not seem to send updates. Using this with GoControl HUSBZB-1 stick.