UI more suited for dimmers

You need 0.38 for this to work. You can either use the dev version or wait for 0.38 release.

Thanks, I’ll wait for 0.38 then.

1 Like

I’ll update to 0.38.1 to try custom interface, but it seems that the new customize component breaks HDMI_CEC ?

Should be fixed in 0.38.2

In any case you can try the custom UI with the old customize format.

Updated to 0.38.3 today and loaded new customization component and your custom UI and all is working wonderfully!!! Great work!!!

When using break-slider-toggle or break-slider would it be possible to use whole available width instead only the right half (mobile interface)?

Also when setting pin: true the numbers are not visible, because the pop-up bubble gets cut.

Hi all,

I am new with home assistant. Can somebody explain me, how to use this new feature displaying a slider for the dimmer in the front end?

Thank you very much…
Danyo

@danyo did you read the instructions here:

Hi andrey,

I didn’t know the link. Thank you very much. I will check this as soon I am at home this evening.

I little bit off topic, but is this also working for setting the the actual temperature for a Thermostat, like a Homematic one? To have a setpoint slider also in the front end and not within the entity itself?

Thanks and regards
Danyo

This component is made specifically for light dimmer.

I assume it could be adapted for Thermostat

@SmartValley
I uploaded a new version which fixes the cropped pins and added stretch_slider attribute.

1 Like

Thanks, it’s working perfectly now. Had to clear cookies and browser data for it to show up. Great work!

@andrey

forgive me for my noob-ness…

how do i get the files from github into the directory i have created?

i think i figured out how to get the “state-card-custom-ui.html” file downloaded by using:

$ sudo curl -LJO https://raw.githubusercontent.com/andrey-git/home-assistant-custom-ui/master/state-card-custom-ui.html

i found the link to use by selecting “raw” on the web page and that finally got me there. (without using the raw web address it just copied the whole web page to that file but didn’t have the contents of the actual file i wanted to download)

my problem is that when i click on “view raw” for the second (…’.gz’) file it just downloads the file automatically. but maybe that isn’t a problem? can i just use the downloaded file and copy it directly to the custom_iu directory?

lastly, (for now :wink: ) are those the only two files i need to make all of the custom ui stuff work? if so, what are the rest of the files at your github page used for?

Yes, right now you only need state-card-custom-ui.html and optionally state-card-custom-ui.html.gz

You don’t need sudo if you run as the same user that runs homeassistant.

Hi
I have a device zwave and milight which have setup for dimmer. But slider dimmer is show only when i click on device. Is any chance to show slider dimmer on defult view fronted about switch toggle… ?

See: https://github.com/andrey-git/home-assistant-custom-ui/blob/master/docs/features.md#features-available-for-light-and-cover-domains-only

But why this is not implement in master Home Assistant ? This looks perfect.

It makes the card large. Making this configurable bears maintenance cost.

I dont understand…

Hi @andrey, first of all…so awesome! Question; is it also possible to have the extra_data_template option available for scenes? I want to use it just for plain text telling wat the scene will do :).

This will require some changes. I’ll put it on my TODO list.