UK "smart" energy meters

Can anyone help?

All was working well now the silly thing keeps asking me to set last_reset…where do I do this and what do I put in?

Tried to search but nothing

I have also found that. They are a tiny company so when things go awry they are all hands to the pumps solving it, so may not communicate immediately, but definitely want to do the best for their customers and are a really friendly group of people.

I have SMETS1 meters currently suplied by Octopus so have the GlowStick Zigbee CAD and MQTT enabled to flow all data (10 sec readings) into HASS. Works brilliantly - octopus currently cannot see my 30 min gas data due to an issue on their side, but I get it directly :laughing:

1 Like

Wonder if I it is possible get current pricing from the geotogether api somehow? Appears to have pricing on the app/on the trio unit itself. Does the API really not have public documentation? Shabby.

Thanks for the update. I had to jig the code around a little to work in my environment though, not sure why. Maybe it’s changed in the later version of HA, I’m on the latest. 2022.03.5.

template:
  sensor:
  - unique_id: geo_gas_usage_total
    name: 'Total Gas Used'
    state: "{{ state_attr('sensor.geo_energy_usage_total','totalConsumptionList') | selectattr('commodityType', 'equalto', 'GAS_ENERGY') | map(attribute='totalConsumption') | first/1000*11.1868 }}"
    unit_of_measurement: "kWh"
    device_class: 'gas'
    state_class: total_increasing
    attributes:
      last_reset: '1970-01-01T00:00:00+00:00'
  - unique_id:  geo_electricity_usage_total
    name: 'Total Electricity Used'
    state: "{{ state_attr('sensor.geo_energy_usage_total','totalConsumptionList') | selectattr('commodityType', 'equalto', 'ELECTRICITY') | map(attribute='totalConsumption') | first }}"
    device_class: energy
    state_class: total_increasing
    unit_of_measurement: "kWh"
    attributes:
      last_reset: '1970-01-01T00:00:00+00:00'
  - unique_id:  geo_gas_usage_live
    name: 'Live Gas Usage'
    state: "{{ state_attr('sensor.geo_energy_usage_live','power') | selectattr('type', 'equalto', 'GAS_ENERGY') | map(attribute='watts') | first }}"
    state_class: total
    unit_of_measurement: "Wh"
  - unique_id:  geo_electricity_usage_live
    name: 'Live Electricity Usage'
    state: "{{ state_attr('sensor.geo_energy_usage_live','power') | selectattr('type', 'equalto', 'ELECTRICITY') | map(attribute='watts') | first }}"
    state_class: total
    unit_of_measurement: "Wh"

utility_meter:
  electricity:
    source: sensor.total_electricity_used
  gas:
    source: sensor.total_gas_used

However, the Energy dashboard doesn’t seem to like the new sensors. The electricity sensor doesn’t seem to read right, and the gas one I cannot select in the dashboard (it’s just not there).

But I know the sensors are working, as I can put them into a Lovelace card and view the figures.

Any ideas?

Now it’s been collecting for a day, it’s showing negative figures, which isn’t even possible.

So; assuming you don’t have solar panels (which can make some meters read negative) then this is likely just bad data… I have the same with my smart meter integration (Hildebrand stick with MQTT enabled so getting the 10s readings). The readings are raw from the meters, and occasionally they just send garbage data which you have to filter out. I use the following:

- platform: filter
  name: "Home Electricity Import Meter Filtered"
  entity_id: sensor.home_electricity_import_meter
  filters:
    - filter: outlier
      window_size: 60
      radius: 4.0

Looking at your specific readings you may need to adjust the window_size and radius to only filter the “noise”.

1 Like

I’m using the Geo trio integration, as seen the post before.

If you look at the live sensor readings, they never go negative.

Has anyone received a Hildebrand Glow device within the last 6-9 months?

Ordered a SMETS2 CAD/Display yesterday; arrived just now.

3 Likes

Hmmm, how strange. Im on a “waiting list” for the SMETS2 model since August last year and every time i chase this i hear an excuse. Last time i spoke with them was this Monday and i have been told that units are not ready yet because their engineers are resolving Wifi pairing issue on iOS devices.

Sensors with a state_class of total_increasing shouldn’t have a last_reset value, as described in the documentation: Sensor Entity | Home Assistant Developer Docs (home-assistant.io) - this might be causing your problem.

Also, shouldn’t the live values be in watts? They should probably also have a state_class of measurement rather than total if they are live values.

1 Like

I did have a total_increasing sensor, and I did swap to that, but now I don’t see the live values in the energy dashboard.

Interesting … I couldn’t get that to work for me … got no data in smartthings at all.

Love that power usage card … what is it ?

I just got my Drayton IHD (geo trio 2) for Insight+. I’ve just registered with geo, and linked it to their app … I asked Drayton first if it would break anything with Insight+ and they assured me it wouldn’t.

Can anyone confirm this works for them? I’ve tried but not working for me.

I don’t follow @Puntoboy

The top right image only shows total consumption. Not the live usage.

Thats what it should show :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just installed ha-hildebrandglow-dcc v0.6.0 (on Home Assistant 2022.4.6) and it doesn’t seem to work.
I cannot find it under the integrations/add Integration but it shows working under HACS (yes restarted).
I can see all the files under custom_components folder.

Any ideas what to try to get it working?