UK Sockets with Power Monitoring

I installed the AOne socket today. Seems well made, and the included 10mm spacer was unexpected but I guess will be useful for a lot of people. Easy setup with ZHA, and I can see all of the live power figures. Overall, quite pleased with it.

The only thing I can’t work out is what I need to send to turn of the LED rings, or change the brightness. I’m hoping that’s not exclusive to the AOne app and hub, because it’s sold as working with other hubs too.

Does anyone have this working? Thanks!

Looking at the latter end of this: Unable to turn off the LED backlight on Aurora AOne Dimmer module · Issue #11381 · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · GitHub, it seems to work on Zigbee2MQTT now. Perhaps I’ll need to reconfigure my sonoff.

Yes I have it working with Z2M, the LEDs only controllable together though so a bit pointless to show power state of each of the sockets.

Thanks!

If you turn them back on, does it revert to the normal red/blue colour per socket? Want to use an automation to disable LEDs when there’s no movement in a room or overnight in bedrooms.

Answered my own question: yes.

Got the functionality I was after with zigbee2mqtt on the Sonoff ZBbridge.

1 Like

Thought I’d better mention that the 16A smart plug from preflashed.co.uk that I recommended a while ago has melted while connected to the washing machine. Literally. Looks like the fuse went with a bit of a bang - the clip that holds it is fused (sorry) to the casing.

Can’t access their website any more either. :worried:

1 Like

Aurora Aone is now in administration and I am not sure if I should order the new socket and use them for energy monitoring. I really need Zigbee UK Double socket with energy monitoring. Any clue?

Where did you see that ?

I have a reply from the company confirming the same.

OK thanks, I was just going to buy some more

Kind of wish I had found this thread before buying the Aurora Aone because I wanted Zigbee power monitoring (which isn’t working :man_shrugging:t2: the sensor shows up but does nothing), don’t suppose anyone is aware of any good alternatives?

I have some and the power monitoring works fine for me with Z2M.

I contacted them and they did say they will honour warranty on any you have or can still find for sale

Ah okay, I’m using ZHA with the Yellow. I set up Z2M the other day, but then the idea of moving all the devices over seemed pretty unappealing. Would you say there are any major advantages to one vs the other (besides the obvious one in this case)?

Only thing I prefer is devices seems to be added more frequently

1 Like

Z2M is decoupled from Home Assistant so if something went wrong there, you wouldn’t need to re-pair the devices. Just reconnect up MQTT and devices will still be there.
ZHA was fairly unstable for me for a while, and I reinstalled a number of times, re-pairing devices was tedious especially the ones which were inaccessible. The engineer in me much prefers a decoupled system. I run Mosquitto and Z2M on an entirely separate machine to HA, which obviously isn’t possible with ZHA.
On the flip side ZHA is much more “plug-and-play”, but once you’re familiar with Z2M (which takes all of an hour if you read slowly) it’s really easy and you have easy access to a bunch of useful tools for troubleshooting and mapping your zigbee network.

Also, and this is entirely anecdotal, I’ve had far fewer problems with MQTT (as in zero) than I ever had with ZHA, though more recently it was much more stable (I no longer use ZHA at all having migrated everything to Z2M, so YMMV). I also experienced much wider compatibility and reliability at device/manufacturer level with Z2M, but again, depending on your devices YMMV.

1 Like

I have an issue with a couple of my AONE sockets. One is going negative and the other is just constantly frozen showing 74w. I came across your post regarding the discontinuation, which I had suspected although had not confirmed. I had noticed though that your corresondance was re-negative energy reported. What was the outcome? Was there a fix?

I had an issue with one of my AONE sockets a couple of weeks ago, I contacted Aurora support and they sent me a replacement straight away.

Thanks @Holdestmade for your prompt reply. I’ll do that.

@Plandregan, did you get anywhere with tuya-convert or did you fail at the first hurdle?